Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Advise on 10 ton trailer

Woodstock ยท 2008-09-01 23:16

I found two 10 ton trailers for sale. One is a Talbert, the other is an Interstate. They are both 25' with a 5' dove tail. They both have air brakes and 16.5 tires on them. Would this trailer be heavy enough to haul my JD 650H on. It weight around 22,000. I won't be moving it very far, or very often. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Doyle

Replies6
  1. #1humboldt deere2008-09-02 01:31

    With the weight of your machine being 11t and the trailer being somewhere around 3t your over by 4t. So no the trailer would definetely not be heavy enough.

  2. #2Bob Horrell2008-09-02 22:15

    I have a 10T trailer I use daily to haul my equipment. I would not want to haul your dozer on it for even a short distance. Although my trailer has a very heavy frame (same as 20T trailers), you would be seriously overloading the axles and tires. That almost always leads to problems. The DOT guys are really sticklers for axle and tire overloads.

  3. #3Woodstock2008-09-03 22:11

    Thank you, I will look for another trailer. I really want a 20 ton. This guy came down to 4,000 on the trailers. the tires are like new, needs about four boards and a new glad hand. I thought the trailers were 30' but they are 23' with a 5' dove tail. Thanks for your help.

  4. #4dirt digger2008-09-03 22:18

    check ebay...i have seen some very good deals on trailers come up over the months

  5. #5brynbaily2008-10-01 22:13

    ask around

  6. #6shouldabeen2008-11-03 03:12

    I hope your thinking about stopping even a 1 ton truck wont do the job well. I would look for a bigger truck also.