Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

steer trailer

bigblueox ยท 2008-09-09 23:25

does anybody know who makes this trailer or something similar? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTGYofstwLE http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2-urzHq6fI&feature=related

Videos in this topic

Browse the full video library

Replies12
  1. #1Kgmz2008-09-10 00:03

    The first video showed the company website on the newspaper at the beginning. http://www.citytrailer.co.uk/

  2. #2Dualie2008-09-11 03:03

    Not legal for sale in the usa. you would have a hell of a time getting all that dot 'ed and approved for road transit. I have tried for years to get that innovation going here. Weight and added complexity are the main down falls along with bridge weights and a number of other problems. I would love to have one of those to stable next to my Murray. the self steering feature could really get a swift driver into the doo doo quickly.

  3. #3bigblueox2008-09-11 20:31

    so i take it that nobody makes on state side?

  4. #49Axle2008-09-11 20:47

    poor swift driver:idontgetit but its true

  5. #5Chaz Murray2008-09-12 01:07

    the only thing really not legal about it if it is running the supersingles then the state of california will not allow overweight on it with it being on a trailer. On the tractor is no problem....why I really dont know :beatsme:beatsme...when we first designed the M2000 booster 9 axle, axles 6 and 7 were going to run 8supersingles so then we did not need to build it to expand to 11' wide...but california would never approve it for overweight...:beatsme. As for the steering on that trailer I do not see why it would not be legal...there are Blade trailers built by IST http://www.isttrailers.com/blade-trailer.cfm that have stearable axles on it...but it is not automatic. Our steer able trailer does not steer at the wheel ends but steers on a turn table with the whole group of axles...I dont see how that would be any different legaly than with a steering smaller trailer.

  6. #645LMSWM2008-09-12 22:31

    This type of trailer is absolutely legal here in New Jersey, and elsewhere in the U.S. Maybe not specifically in your state, that I don't know. There are tons of companies running auto-steering HSPTs and I have seen more than a few Aspen and other makes of steerable trailers for moving wind mill blades. There are also a few heavy hauling companies running Notteboom steerable step deck trailers in the US as well. John Pearson

  7. #7LowBoy2008-09-13 07:35

    SWIFT: S ure W ish I F inished T raining S ee W hat I F lubbed up T oday:naughty

  8. #8MKTEF2008-09-13 08:42

    To get the maximum length and weight on the roads here around u need one or two stearable axles on your trailers. Stearing can then be made with three designs: - Friction stearing, where the wheels stear by the force when u turn. Theese got a lock that u engage when reversing.(theese are most common) - Stearing by a spesial system around your kingpin.(kingpin has a second pin at the back, so truck and kingpin is not turning) It has a rollerbearing on top of the kingpinplate that turns when u turn the trailer. Then there is a hydraulic sylinder connected between the kingpinplate and the frame. This gives u a hydraulic system that produse force to the stearing sylinders on the axles. - Electronic kingpin that gives a signal to a electronic brain that desides how much the axles should stear. Most of the last two also got a lever in the cab making it possible to stear the wheels manualy. Some producers also got a system where u need to charge the hydraulic acumulators that power the stearing once a week.(Goldhofer) Added a pic of a 10 axle Goldhofer with extension, 106t payload.(212 000lbs) Goldhofer even got axles with 45degree stearing angle...

  9. #9bigblueox2008-09-14 21:05

    wow thanks! i wonder how much one of those will set me back?!

  10. #10RKO2008-09-20 16:30

    They may not be legal in Ca. (I don't know). But the Midwest states they are legal. There is several Companies with Beam and blade trailers that are auto steer. The auto steer only works under a certain speed.

  11. #11toyman2008-12-25 15:31

    I have seen a few Military trailers that have steering axles under them. Usually see them in the summer months. Pretty wild looking contraptions, 5 to 8 axles. The trucks that tow them aren't exactly typical looking either. I will get some pictures next time I see one out and about. Here's a couple from Oshkosh website. Toyman

  12. #12oversize2009-02-16 07:25

    Here is A pic of my trailer which has self steering fitted on the rear to axles, Must be locked when backing up it is made by a company over here called drake here is link to there web site http://www.draketrailers.com/ have a look in the trailer range page and check out some of there 12 and 16 rows of 8 trailers with steering on ever axle here is pic of the trailer i run