The AEC switch button when pressed only reduce the engine speed to 1300 rpm when it is on mode 2 when it's left idle and dial switch is in position 5 up. It does lower the speed by 100rpm when on mode 1 but won't raise the rpm back to what it was when the levers are operated. please I need your opinion and what and what to check to fix it. I'm having a fault code of 190-8 when I connect Et. I suspected the engine speed sensor, the magnetic pick up that is on the flywheel. I read the resistance with a multimeter and got 158.7 Ohms. Is that value ok?
I think you might be in the wrong place. As far as I can see all the CID 0190 troubleshooting procedures refer you to the engine speed/timing sensors located at the front left side of the engine and to the attached procedure entitled - "Engine Speed/Timing Sensor Circuit - Test".
The specification for the magnetic pickup sensor on the flywheel housing is 142 ohms. Have you checked the adjustment of that sensor.?
You might ask the moderators to move this to the excavator forums. I don't know of any 330C forklifts or telehandlers.
I measured the resistance again and got 149.7 Ohms. Problem was connection. I don't know how they did it but someone had interchanged the engine oil level switch connector to the speed sensor. I traced the wires and found out that. AEC working now. Engine RPM is dropping now when no load or light load or when no demand from the cab control levers and increase to the RPM it was before when the levers are operated. You might want to check the magnetic speed sensor next time you have AEC not working. Thanks for your contributions.
Thanks I thought it was Excavator forum I was when I posted it. My bad.
Fault code cleared now. The magnetic pickup speed sensor circuit was the cause. Thanks.