Hi I AM LOOKING AT THIS BOOM LIFT IN AN AUCTION YARD. THE MACHINE LOOKS IN GOOD CONDITION. THE GUYS AT THE AUCTION YARD TOLD ME THE BOOM OPERATES AS IT SHOULD BUT IT WILL NOT MOVE FORWARD OR BACK. I WOULD SAY IT NEEDS NEW BATTERIES. NO WAY TO CHARGE WHEN I WENT TO AUCTION YARD. MY QUESTION IS APART FROM IT NEEDING NEW BATTERIES, 8 NO. 6V, WHAT IS THE WORST CASE SCENARIO OF THE EXTENT/COST OF REPAIRING THE FORWARD REVERSE ISSUE. ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED. THANKS VINCENT.
If it " operates as it should " then batteries are working. Really no way to say what would be wrong or costs involved until you get in and find the problem.. My theory has always been when its broke and at an auction I will probably pass. Unless its ridiculously cheap and worth the risk.
From what I understand (and what is preventing me to get a similar Skyjack) the SJKB40 have two control system. One to operate the hydraulic pump for lifting and one to operate the electric motor for driving. And I was just this week visiting a dealer with similar lift and excattly the problem you describe. Could be multiple issues, but worst case (in my eyes) it's this DC-DC controller for the electric motor, which is hard to replace as it have to be programmed to with with the exact type of Skyjack lift version. Looking forward to hear if you bought it or not.
Thats standard. Electric booms require a motor controller to well operate drive motors if they are powered by a dc/AC drive motor. Not unique to sky jack. Its pretty much universal in electric boom lifts. Also the firmware is free to download. Skyjack, genie,jlg xyz abc do not manufacture 90% of drive,hydraulic or electric components they use. You just have to know the ins and outs and who makes what.