Hello All! I have a question about a counterbalance valve on a Bil Jax xlb 4725a non proportional aerial lift. I developed a leak around the seal of the counter balance valve where it is fitted into the lower boom cylinder. It appears that this item is pressed or tapped in to form the seal???? Is that correct????? My other question, do I have to buy this item from the lift manufacturer or are there aftermarket or replacement valves that would work as a direct replacement in the 4" bore x 25" stroke cylinder? Thanks to all...!!!!
Welcome to HEF Thibs53. :drinkup Could you possibly post a picture of the counterbalance valve?
I will do that A.S.A.P., thanks for the help.
Here it is, not sure if this valve is complete or if broke. In the cylinder cavity there appears to be a spring mechanism, is that supposed to be part of the valve or a permanent piece to the cylinder??? The shoulder you see in the cylinder is the spring. Thanks for the help.
I do declare, in all my years of working on all kinds of hydraulic components, I've never seen something that looks like that. I'd wager you're going to have to go to Bil Jax for that. Wish I could help more, but that thing is just plain funky.
Is the part left in the cylinder the outer threaded section of the counter balance valve? There doesn't seem to be anything on the valve picture that's showing a threaded section on the outside. Have you just been unlucky and had the valve fall to bits on you when you removed it?