These photos are from a total of 4000 aerial photos ( plus ground based photos ) that I took while working on the S2S job. The files size has been reduced to load them onto the blog. If you see something that you really want to see better ...let me know and I will scrounge through the hard drive to find something for you. I will stir the pot and re-select new photos with the workers in mind...close-ups etc. When that is done, I'll put them up. I'm placing these on the forum, so that the workers from that job can have a look at what they were working on...and see the results of their hard work and dedication. It was a very challenging job. and everyone did fantastic work. At the time , I thought that the job was completely insane...but now after some time has gone by...I think I miss it. And now a technical question. I'm new here...where is the best place to put these photos on the forum? This post is mostly equipment shots from Seg 1 up to Seg 3 http://adventuresinmikeslife.blogspot.ca/2011/12/drill-bits-and-dynamite-part-ten.html This one is general aerial shots of the S2S job interesting features from Squamish, back to Cut 4 at Seg 1 http://adventuresinmikeslife.blogspot.ca/2011/12/drill-bits-and-dynamite-part-elevenmore.html
wow talk about a rock job!
yeah...we had lots of rock. Rock in front of us, above us, and all around When we touched it...it all wanted to go down to the existing road, the rail tracks and the ocean. On Cut 10, we used to close the highway for blasting, plus...shoo away the sport fishermen in their boats from the danger zone..