Hard working excavators gone past the point of no return The link is here http://adventuresinmikeslife.blogspot.ca/2012/07/photos-of-broken-dead-or-near-dead.html
It is sad to see some of them track hoe's just siting there abandoned. Kyle
Thanks for the comment. I always wonder about the day...when they turned the key off for the last time.
Thats to bad those machines don't even look to bad in the pictures. If nothing else I know I could make use of those buckets.
I know I've seen some of the YouTube stuff and thought with some fresh diesel, new filters, new batteries and a few bits you could be up and running. I don't know about you guys but I know for myself I don't even like to lose small tools, not sure I could walk away from a D5H, let alone a D4. Tom
looking at the extra armor on the boom and piston hoses maybe owned by a logging outfit ,possible no longer operation? Sad scrap steel around here is $300 a ton so that mostlikely $20000 dollars even if they have junk parts , they where parked in running condition!
Thanks for the comment Tom. There's enough gear on these properties to last 10 life times of rebuilding and fixing up...with prices down for machines and contracts...you can buy machines that are running for cheap. Not as classic as this stuff...but still..
We try not to mention "scrap" and old machines in the same breath. We like to just sit around and look at them and remember when. China won't starve for scrap while we enjoy ourselves.
Is that up at the old bush shop just past the Ashlu?
Hey cutting edge...that was right as you come into Squamish from the Vancouver side. The old Elaho logging property. If you look at the hoe on the right...in the background is the old highway...just before the improvements rolled through