I have been looking to buy a used machine with 2 speed. Most of what I have found in my price range are single speed. Is there a way to install 2 speed on a cat 277b or maybe a Bobcat T300? Any input will be big help.
ASV/Terex PT80- 80hp, 3000lb ROC and almost 12mph.
Two speed bobcat track machines did not exist until the new M series. I don't think it would be cost effective, more then likely looking at new drive motors, plus a diverter vavle of some sort to shift.
thanks I will look in to the ASV We really don't have a dealer to service ASV/Terex in my area
Was thinking about adding a diverter valve and wiring to the cab I was told that all a 2speed system does is just divert more oil flow to the drive motors I havn't looked at any parts break downs to see if this is possible, so I thought I would post the question here and see if anyone has tried this.
Considering what those track machine drive motors cost and their questionable durability under ideal conditions, I am not sure I would be interested in monkeying around trying to make them go faster than then the OEM thought prudent at the time of manufacture. The ASV type machines are made to go fast. There are no steel in the tracks so they dont heat up, which is a source of failure in typical CTLs that go fast. I would buy a machine that already has two speed and if you see yourself going fast a lot than an ASV type may be a good idea. They are of course suspended so they are comfortable and quiet. However you have to weigh the downsides to this type of undercarriage, they are not for every application. They seem to last longer under an ASV than they do under a CAT.
not actually changing the amount of oil thats goinf to the drive motors, the motor changes the way the oil is routed to the motor pistons. actually taking away pressure oil from 1/2 the pistons, and routing all the oil to the other psitons, is what gives you higher travel speed, and less torque :drinkup