Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Tracked Drill Unit, Sort of a Big Skid Steer

Waindude ยท 2013-01-20 13:51

Hello all, thought I would post a link to a video of a tracked drill unit I helped complete this fall. The unit is all hydraulic with a Cat C6.6 Engine. I did the electronic controls and programming for the engine interface and control of the hydraulics. This unit is for drilling seismic holes in the field. It really moves and is fun to drive. I had it out in a field one night testing it and chased a coyote out of his bed. I was moving through snow banks like it was a big snow machine. Thought you all might like to see. Cheers. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYkKhmMcuds

Replies6
  1. #1cartzblown94z2013-01-20 15:41

    Very cool. Any pics of the outside?

  2. #2Waindude2013-01-20 16:30

    Thanks, I will try to post some pictures.

  3. #3Huntoon2013-01-20 17:15

    Nice video.

  4. #4Dinger492013-01-24 21:31

    Awsome looking instrument panel. I would like to see a video of the machine in action.

  5. #5Waindude2013-01-24 22:20

    Thanks Dinger, I will try to post a video tomorrow, I have to do a functional test on the machine after I update the control programs. Here is a shot of the unit on the truck.

  6. #6Dinger492013-01-25 15:02

    By the looks of the tracks in the snow, someone has been playing. I like the design. Reminds me of my old Bombardier SW 48, but bigger. If it works anything like it, it will climb a glass mountain and ease down the other side. Good luck and I hope there are no gremlins to sort out.