Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

After market parts

brwesi ยท 2025-08-13 11:15

I have a Cat 302.5C and need to replace the tracks and bottom rollers. Looking for suggestions about suppliers with quality parts that are fairly priced. Appreciate your input and experience.

Replies10
  1. #1Nige2025-08-13 11:33

    Does the machine Serial Number start with GBB.? Steel or rubber tracks.? That gets you OEM part numbers that you can use to search for aftermarket equivalents.

  2. #2brwesi2025-08-13 17:28

    Yes, GBB03516. There is a lot of stuff out there, hoping to here from operators who have had good results from suppliers. Any information is better than shopping blind in my opinion. No better source than the end user.

  3. #3KenMac2025-08-13 19:04

    I bought rubber tracks from Tractor and Equipment in Birmingham, Alabama for my Takeuchi TB260 and have been very happy with them. KTSU brand.

  4. #4brwesi2025-08-13 21:12

    Thanks for your reply, I will look into them.

  5. #5ozarkag2025-08-13 22:30

    Second on KTSU

  6. #6Universal Parts2025-08-14 00:08

    Caterpillar 302.5 has rubber tracks and is priced at 380 USD.

  7. #7Nige2025-08-14 04:31

    I assume that you have rubber tracks (there is a steel track option) although you never confirmed that. The OEM Part Number for the tracks is 374-3463 which updates to 627-9474. For the bottom rollers the Part Number is 266-8793, fitted on GBB machines from S/N 3399-Up. Earlier machines used a different Part Number of roller.

  8. #8brwesi2025-08-14 06:34

    Yes Nige, I am referring to rubber tracks, thanks for the confirmation on the correct part numbers.

  9. #9Nige2025-08-14 06:58

    The two Part Numbers I mentioned above are for factory-fit Standard/Heavy Duty tracks. The Part Numbers are for a single track not a pair. There is also a 588-1650 Part Number mentioned for a "General Duty" track. This will be of a lower specification compared to the two part numbers in my previous post. The attachment explains the differences.

  10. #10f311fr12025-08-15 12:40

    Vine and Branch on the US west coast. I have had excellent luck with them on price, delivery, and performance.