Has anyone experienced drift or dropping of the front blade on a 2022 or 2023 Cat 306 with approximately 575 hours? While cleaning a ditch with minimal blade use, I noticed the blade needed frequent lifting (about every hour) and was drifting left on the angle function during operation, not just when the engine is off. This issue seems new to me. Any insights or suggestions? I believe the hydraulic system is still under warranty, I haven’t contacted the dealer yet and I hope they don't consider this amount of drift "normal"!
I wouldn't class every hour as "frequent". Post a machine Serial Number and I can look up a specification for cylinder drift if one exists. Generally cylinder drift specs quote the maximum permitted amount of movement over something like a 5-minute time period with the hydraulic oil at normal operating temperature.
Right, that is the question, what is considered normal. I can say that I do not recall this issue in the past and while not a huge deal, still annoying. SN - 6G606301 Thanks.
It may be considered in spec but I wouldn’t stand for that on a newer machine, especially if it was under warranty.
Test procedure: With the hydraulic oil at normal operating temperature fully retract the blade cylinder and measure the distance between the pins at each end of the cylinder. Stop the engine. The measured drift of the cylinder in 3 minutes must be less than 5mm (0.19 inch). If you decide to hit up the dealer about it, refer them to M0109457-07 Test & Adjust document
That is how I feel, and yes, I assume it would be covered under the " nice, do you know if the same procedure applies to both drift while operating and while machine is not running?
The only valid drift test I know of is with the engine stopped. Your machine Serial Number was built in June 2022.
Thanks for the input! If it gets worse, I hope it happens around December so I can bring it to CAT. It has a 60-month warranty, so I should be covered. It does seem excessive for a newer rig—my first machine bought new! I’d expect this more from an older unit, especially when it’s not running. As I mentioned, it has an angle blade, and not only was the blade drifting down, but it was also slowly angling left. Odd.
it should be the same time for drift, does it have any down pressure,could lift blade and block and plug hoses if back off If it still drifts over time cylinder problem