Hello, Does anyone know of a good source for aftermarket hydraulic cylinder rebuild kits? The front bucket dump single center cylinder on my john Deere 310c backhoe is leaking Also, the swing cylinders are leaking too...... Instead of ordering from John Deere......how do I find a source on cylinder packing kits? How do I match up the kit? Do I call join Deere and get the parts number and price and then translate that part number over to an aftermarket source like from Heavyquip or someone? Or do I need to tear down my cylinder and measure things and then order from some random supplier? Any tips? I appreciate it! Thanks
They ain't gold, if you're only doing one or three cylinders, my advice is just buy them from your local Deere dealer. Guaranteed fit and quality. On the other hand if you want to look up Deere parts, mother Deere out of the goodness of their hearts lets you use the parts books online for free, go here and click on "View Parts Catalog": http://www.deere.com/wps/dcom/en_US/parts/parts.page
I have had good luck with these people http://www.herculesus.com/home.php
I didn't know about herculesus.com. I tried out their website and like what I saw. Typed in a JD seal kit number and the exchange part number came up with a competitive price. I would not a afraid to purchase from them. I've used aftermarket seals from a couple different sources and OEM Deere seals at twice the cost and can't tell the difference in quality so far.
When I'm working on cylinders, I tear 'em down and take the parts to a good hydraulic shop and have 'em match the parts. Never had a problem that way and usually the cost is much less than if I'd gotten 'em from the dealer.
Thanks for the replies guys! Thanks for the website link. I will check them out. Well, I have paid big prices for dealer hydraulic cylinder kits and I have learned that they are way overpriced. Some things you may want to get at the dealer. But, some things are universal and the source is all the same...it's just packaging. Before the economy crashed...I would go to my local machine shop guy and he would order whatever and repackage for me. And occasionally if I am I'm a rush...I'll get the kit from the dealer. But I will be going through this machine and packing many cylinders and the cost difference will adddddddd up! As for packing my cylinders....I usually have to take a cheater pipe and torque on the nuts. But, I am only guessing. What would be a good way to know the foot pounds of torque on a hydraulic cylinder nut? Any tips or tricks for this? I am assuming that guessing has to factor In slop or wiggle issues which may eventually causes scarring etc..... Thanks
If your hydraulic shop has all the pieces then that will be the cheapest price, mine said deere uses some different pieces so I bought the kits. Maybe they just didn't want to chase down all the separate pieces? I think this is the deere style cylinder where the nut that you see is like a lock nut, it's threaded onto the outside of the gland and holds the gland tight against the internal wire ring that holds the gland in place. Extending the cylinder will take a bit of pressure off of that nut, and if that's not enough you can peen around the nut to loosen it on the threads.
hercules is good, but I prefer www.baumhydraulics.com They are good to deal with and have a lot more than just hydraulics