Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Aftermarket Backup Camera for Skid

Heavy Chevy · 2021-05-31 17:32

Now that I've finally gotten my Takeuchi TL8 out of ICU for the past 122 days and running strong, I am researching adding a CM-40 Backup camera from (Skidsteer Solutions). Does anyone have any feedback on this system or any other solid after market system? I have read many reviews on the CM-40 and a few others.......I'm looking forward to getting creative and mount a system real soon.

Replies6
  1. #1OTG AuGres2021-05-31 18:15

    Sorry, can’t help, but I did put a Bobcat accessory backup cam in my T595. What a world of difference. Highly recommended. In my case it was fairly simple plug and play, but I did have to take 1/2 the cab apart to run all the wires. I’ve been thinking about the CM-40 for my tractor. I’ve bought several items from Skid Steer Solutions and have nothing but good to say about them. Personally , I wouldn’t hesitate to buy from them. I’ll be interested in getting a review if you go that way.

  2. #2Heavy Chevy2021-05-31 19:10

    Thanks for the input as that does help with my decision to purchase from Skid Steer Solutions. I am also looking at purchasing a brush mower...maybe 72" for it as well. Kinda looking at the 72" Terminator XP from RUT Manufacturing. My machine is a standard flow so I would be at the low end of the GPM flow.

  3. #3Heavy Chevy2021-06-19 11:29

    I designed me a mount for the CM-40 and love it! I've got about 7 hours stick time with it and it works fantastic.

  4. #4Heavy Chevy2021-06-19 11:34
  5. #5OTG AuGres2021-06-19 17:37

    Looks great!

  6. #6Heavy Chevy2021-06-22 13:43

    Thx much!