What are the available options for aftermarket parts? Both sticker shock and shipping/wait times on factory parts have me looking around for alternatives... Anyone know of places to get pins and bushings? I have both part numbers and measurements but am having a tough time finding anything online that I can trust.
Best option is a Machine shop. 4140 or 4340 HTSR. Machine to size and have them induction hardened. Check with a bearing supplier for bearing races you may have to adjust sizes a bit ,but hardened races make nice bushings. I used to have a torrington catalogue that helped a lot. If your in a bind have the machine shop make bushings out of aluminum bronze ,keep em well greased and they will keep you going on a mini and you can size them to the machines specs.
I think the OP is looking for track pins and bushings, not regular greased steel bushings or bearings. I couldn't imagine what it would cost have a full set of track bushings machined up in a machine shop!! 673moto , Costex (CTP) was recommended to me from a friend in IN as a supplier in the U.S. But few people replace pins and bushings today, because with todays undercarriage, the track rails are normally too well worn to warrant simply replacing pins and bushings - unlike the old days, when P's & B's wore out fast, and rails wore out slow, and labor was cheap.
I think he’s looking for linkage pins and bushings. HeavyEquipmentForums
I assumed parts for the boom or stick on the blue mini.
Yep, bushings and pins for the mini excavator boom and arm. I’ll try to find a machine shop locally and see what they will charge... hard to imagine they would make me a bushing for less than $100 tho...
I have had many thumb pins break over the years on a few of my Takeuchi's. At one point we had some made at a big heavy equipment machine shop. Although cheaper, they didn't last long. I would stick with the OEM pins, and find a shop better than the Dealer to install new bushings if that is needed. I also think I once bypassed the Takeuchi dealer and went and ordered them directly from TAG, a Takeuchi bucket supplier. You don't say what brand of machine you have, so maybe a machine shop is the only way to go. Nothing will be cheap.
Depends on the machine make, there are some companies out there in the aftermarket I wouldn't trust to make a bolt for the door, there are others that basically source their parts from the Oem manufactures and so your buying the genuine part without the manufacturer sticker mark up.
I have bobcat equipment, after the retainer boss wears I usually replace with expander pins for cost reasons. 7k hrs on some with no issues. https://www.nord-lock.com/expander-system/
@ZGrant231 , how do you like the Nord-lock system? Is it difficult to install? Does this system replace the original pin as well as the bushings? Does it still allow for normal greasing of the joints? Sorry for all the questions, I'm just really interested by this system.
The expander pins have been great, they install in the field with just one person. One particular machine seemed to get lose pin boss's right after I had it painted. I've had boss's welded up and bored. It leaves a big black spot on the boom so I hit it with nordlock expanders many thousands of hours ago and it's doing great. The ones I used use factory bushings and grease like normal.