Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Aftermarket Cat parts vendor for 3204 transfer pump

sealark37 ยท 2018-04-14 16:08

Being a dyed-in-the-wool Cat man, I find myself looking for a replacement 1W568 Fuel Transfer pump for my late model 943. After checking the prices from Cat, and looking at fleabay, I find a WIDE difference in price. For the annual hours I put on my loader, I think that it may be worth the chance to try an aftermarket supplier. Can any of you guys give me a thumbs-up or down on any of these vendors? I do hate to waste my money on an aftermarket pump that won't work or last, but the price difference is a big hunk of my coin purse. Thanks for any input or opinions. Regards, Clark

Replies2
  1. #1Cmark2018-04-14 16:52

    Out of interest, what's wrong with yours? They are rebuildable and all parts should be available. There's also a classic part available, 3775859.

  2. #2sealark372018-04-14 19:18

    I am getting only a fraction of the output pressure that is required by the Service Manual. I have not considered rebuilding because the piston and bore are both scored. I assume that the wear is caused by the use of low-sulphur fuel in recent years. Regards, Clark