Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Aftermarket Counter Weights?

Jfarris ยท 2014-11-10 22:22

Is there anyone that offers aftermarket counter weights for Cat skid steers? I'm afraid to call my local dealer and ask how much they charge....

Replies5
  1. #1Jfarris2014-11-13 13:58

    Local Cat dealer wants $1,000.00 for them. Seems like there would be room for aftermarket with these. Still searching the Internet for other options...

  2. #2Desertwheeler2014-11-13 19:29

    Same here I want a c/w kit for my 226 but it's 750 from the dealer.

  3. #3big ben2014-11-14 00:10

    I would just get the dealer to print off the parts sheets for picture purposes and get some measurement from the machine and go to your local welder/machine shop and get some made. Buy a spray can of Cat primer and Cat yellow and good to go. I pulled a ripper off a landfill machine 973D and installed CW made by the local welding shop and after I painted them you would never know the difference

  4. #4Pzilly2014-11-14 01:37

    agree w Ben, I actually had plates I could add to my one machine, 1/4" plate steel that I could drop into a bracket which tucked in nicely on that machine, other benefit was they acted as protectors to the rear corners, other bonus was I could put them in the truck bed if I had to put material on the trailer to stay legal. Think I had 400 in it and added 500-600 pounds to it, I did my own welding, but add maybe 200 for someone else to do it. I also purchased new steel back then, you could probably scrap something and paint it up.

  5. #5Jfarris2014-11-14 10:38

    Good advice. I'll look into doing that. Thanks!