I have a hydraulic tractor log splitter that I would like to put onto my skid steer. The log splitter has a remote hand valve on the log splitter, but I want to make sure before I try using it on my skid steer that I will not mess up the skid steers hydraulic pump. Can anyone help me out if I need to convert anything.
I run two four way splitters off my skid steer this way, it works great!. Just need to plumb the outbound loader coupler to the inbound remote valve on the splitter, then the outbound line from the valve to the inbound side of the loader couplers. Lock your aux hydraulics into detent and start splitting wood. I run my loader just over an idle and have plenty of power and flow. Putting the splitter on the skid steer is a great way to go because you can pick the splitter up and go anywhere. I run a 4"x24" cylinder on one splitter and a 6"x60" cylinder on the other one. With the wood cut into blocks I split about a cord and a half an hour with either one. I feed to 6x60 with my mini ex to split stuff 8-30" in diameter and 48-60" long for my wood stove. Good Luck John
make sure that it's an open center valve on the splitter
How can I make sure that it is an open center valve?
How can I make sure it is an open center valve
Since you have a remote valve on the splitter it must receive continuous flow from the tractor now and would be a open center valve. Mine was run by a gear reduction pump hung on the pto which put out a lot of flow and pressure and when I converted it to the skidsteer hyd the cycle time is much longer. The skidsteer is rated at 17 gpm or so also.