Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Aftermarket hydraulic side shift

Skipo ยท 2021-02-23 03:32

Hi, I'm new to the forum. I have a 2008 new Holland 110lb. It has manual side shift, but I want to add a hydraulic side shift. Can you get aftermarket kits for this. Cheers in advance. Skipo

Replies10
  1. #1aighead2021-02-23 06:37

    Whoa! Manual as in you use the hoe to slide it? Also, is it safe to assume you have a biga$$ saw blade on the end of that thing? Sweet!

  2. #2Tinkerer2021-02-23 08:00

    Welcome to HEF, Skipo !

  3. #3Skipo2021-02-23 11:34

    Yes. You push it from side to side using the hoe. However I can't do it when I have the saw attached to it. It's a great saw. Cuts Aussie hardwood like butter....

  4. #4JBrady2021-02-23 12:06

    I've never been around side shift hoes, but it is hard for me to believe something as new as 2008 would not have hydraulics for that function. Leaving that up to an operator to evenly push the hoe over with the dipper and bucket seems like a sure fire way to bend that frame up in short order. Are there mounting points for a cylinder in there and maybe the cylinder was damaged/removed and never put back on. I'd start with the dealer website and look at their parts diagrams and figure out what you have going on. P.S. - That saw is awesome!

  5. #5Welder Dave2021-02-23 12:55

    I think it was common to have manual side shift on the older hoes but you had to tighten bolts up once in the position you wanted and loosen them to move the carriage to a new position. I think you'd also need a way to lock it in position with hyd. side shift. Maybe look and see if JCB has hyd. side shift and how it works.

  6. #6Skipo2021-02-23 14:07

    This backhoe side shift locks into place with a hydraulic lock. So you hit a button, it unlocks then you use the boom to slide the side shift across then hit the button again and it's locked in place. No there was never a hydraulic shifter mounted on this machine. Maybe it was an extra option you could add on. I have emailed a dealer but haven't had a response. That's why I found this form. Also I wanted to see if anyone has done it before as I don't really want to pay over price new Holland parts to do this.

  7. #7Welder Dave2021-02-23 14:44

    Do you have an extra hyd. valve?

  8. #8Skipo2021-02-23 14:58

    I think so. There is an auxiliary line the I think I can hook into

  9. #9Skipo2021-02-23 17:25
  10. #10Skipo2021-02-23 17:25

    Just a little log to start on today