Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Aftermarket or used track chain source

GangGreen ยท 2015-03-21 08:44

Where would a guy begin to look for a source of used or aftermarket track chain for a D7E? Idler, sprockets, and rollers would all be OK for this old beast, but it's running on the pins and bushings and I am at the end of the tensioner. I use it roughly 100-150 hours a year here.

Replies5
  1. #1grandpa2015-03-21 10:17

    Call your Cat dealer (Ziegler) and ask some questions. They have a pretty good used selection also. Call 1 800 352 2812 and ask for Loren in used parts.

  2. #2D6c10K2015-03-22 03:33

    H-E parts in Elkhart, IA has aftermarket chain and usually has quite a bit of used undercarriage laying around.

  3. #3AllDodge2015-03-22 08:22

    Agree call your dealer. Mine found me aftermarket cheaper then I could buy it from the aftermarket sellers

  4. #4Dozerstuff2015-03-26 19:27

    A new undercarriage is always a tough pill to swallow. Prices don't have to be overinflated. Just gotta find the right aftermarket dealer. I can do chains for a d7e for $$2500 new each and rollers are $230. The sprockets are just under $300 each side. I'd be glad to give you a more specific quote.

  5. #5Dickjr.2015-03-26 22:34

    If you don't mind to travel , ironpeddlers in London Ky has used stuff (beware and check) as well as Whayne Supply , our local Cat dealer in Louisville. They have a lot of used items. Also there is Ky equipment and engineering in Louisville they only do undercarriage. May be a waste of time or you might hit pay dirt.