Pc360-10 gotta replace track rail , what’s the big difference between itr aftermarket vs oem ? Gonna keep machine for awhile yet .can get the aftermarket for under 5k$ for both . Thanks
What brand chain are you getting. The big issue you have to check is the pitch of the links. I've never found Komatsu chains to be all the good in the first place so always recommended shopping around.
first post said itr. Who makes rails for Kommie, or do they make their own?
That’s a good question I would also like to know
What would u suggest ? Thanks
What have seen of some Asian produced Excavators getting rails that had OE on them they were outsource supplier provided. Did not hold up all that well from new so may be into better life with another company.
I have replaced about 5 sets of rails in the last 2 years as machines are coming due. All with aftermarket and 3 out of 5 have been ITR. They are wearing well(no significant wear), we walk up and down streets all day long doing utilities. I get my stuff from tracks n teeth online. I normally receive my order in less than 5 business days. Try to specify the master link as clip retained as opposed to press fit. I have not had any trouble with links coming out and it makes installation 90% easier (Not an exact measurement). Hope this helps some
I know when I worked for the local Komatsu dealer all the Komatsu line had tracks made by Komatsu. The Komatsu trade mark is still on the excavators that I've been inspecting in the last year or so. I really didn't see much difference with other makes of chains concerning the amount of hours that they are good for. As far as I'm concerned, make you best deal and let us know what you find out. I believe the dozer tracks are made by someone else now and they are of the same type as System 1 Cat tracks.
I ordered the oem , as the dealer give me a deal almost the same as aftermarket , but now I have to figure out how I will press pin in, have a feeling oem is better quality .
Do excavator tracks not have split master links available?
Most are either drive pin or retainer clip pinned. What I find rather unique is know guys that change broken individual link pins like nothing odd, Junkyard for one.
Used to do them all the time with an old disk axle, piece of square tubing, c-clamp, and a 20 lb hammer
Liquid nitrogen is pretty cheap to freeze the pins and then some heat on the links goes a long way
I’ll come up with something I’ll post how. Wanna blast the undercarriage frame and paint with some polyurethane pain , before I install new track .
If they are press fit, get the tracks installed and have someone come out and press them. They have fiber seals and you need a spacer in between the side links or they will seize on the bushing and the pad bolt holes won't line up. If you are going to try to heat and beat, you need to have the pad installed and bolted down hard. You won't get the pin all the way to the other side even with nitrogen because the end you are beating on will swell and be stuck. As I recall there is about 0.007 inch press between the pin and the link bore. I've used a flap wheel on used track before going through the install. I wouldn't recommend it on new track though.
I'm having very bad luck with ITR lately. Bought new rollers for a CX210C and 1/3 of them never turned. The top roller flanges aren't as thick for the bolt length so you either have to put washers on or get shorter bolts. They're 1/2" out of line from the oem rollers also. I took them back and went with oem.
That be UUGGLY!!
Thank y
Never have tried their rails but for case trackhoe rollers their engineering dept. Needs refurbished. I'll post some pics tomorrow