Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Aftermarket Seal Kits

A-1Sparky ยท 2013-03-28 11:39

I'm just wondering if the aftermarket hydraulic seal kits are any good. I priced them out for my Case 590 and they are about 1/3 the cost of the OEM kit. Oh, and does anyone have any advice for removing the dipper cylinder from my hoe? It's a 1994 590 Turbo. Thanks in advance.

Replies6
  1. #1Deon2013-03-28 20:29

    I've used OEM and aftermarkets seal kits and both have worked equaly well for me on JD backhoes.

  2. #2A-1Sparky2013-03-28 20:38

    Did you find that the aftermarket ones were WAY cheaper?

  3. #3wosama931b2013-03-28 22:00

    Hello A-1Sparky, I have used both Cat an the aftermarket ones, the only defference is color, that i know, but you still may have to visit with a dealer for some stuff. the price is right where you find it, i think. sam.

  4. #4Deon2013-03-28 22:22

    About 1/2 price of OEM from www.conequipmentparts.com/ . They are good people to work with. Call them with the OEM number for a price. If you can't find the number, just call them with model and ser. # of your machine.

  5. #5A-1Sparky2013-03-29 05:42

    Thanks, Sam.

  6. #6A-1Sparky2013-03-29 05:49

    Thanks for the info...much appreciated. If I were to go with the factory seal kit, it would have cost almost $500 to have the dipper cylinder repacked on my hoe. Thanks guys!