Does anyone have any experience with aftermarket o-ring and seal kits? The Cat kits are over $100.
I wouldnt be worried about them. Most problems are from people scratching the seal groove or cutting the lip on a non chamfer rod
Or putting the lip the wrong way, piston on backwards. All kinds of fun stuff! Haha. I've done it Cat, aftermarket kit, by the piece at the seal shop and can't say one is better than the other. Certain oddball stuff will have to come from the respective Mfg but for the most part if it's the right fit and assembled correctly you're in good shape.
I'm talking general o-rings and seal kits. Not for say repacking the hydraulic cylinders.
Ah well Cat kits can go north of $600. Go to your hydraulic shop and they'll have kits for O-ring boss, flat face and flange. Probably get all three for $100 or so and they'll do 99% of what you need. The ones in the plastic boxes you see just about everywhere don't fit much on yellow iron. Our local hyd place has a kit that covers it all in a handy little case for $75. It's what I use most of the time until I get into metric stuff or British on the Italian drilling rigs.
No doubt getting into British Standard sizes can be frustrating. I have a Hyd. Shop kit, have had it for years and still comes in handy.