Does anyone know of an aftermarket source for Jd hoses and fan belt?
Trying to save a buck on radiator hoses is foolish, how often do you change them? If they're not available, yes. Otherwise I wouldn't. Joe H
Joe you are correct. I had hoped there might be a quality source them that I could mail order so not to drive 90 miles to the dealer. Although my new to me 310E has only 3200 hours, it is 25 years old. I called two JD dealers and neither stocked a radiator hose. That told me that in another 15 years, chances are you will not be able to find Them at all. I have already ordered both from the dealer and will be looking at all other rubber or high wear parts, and replace them all now. Thank you for the input.
https://www.discounthydraulichose.com/ is good to know, Hercules seal in Florida too. Joe H
Thanks Joe.
My experience with JD is limited to power equipment but it seems the dealers and JD don't have parts for stuff more than 7-8 years old. A ton of parts are discontinued.
Thanks Edgephoto, that is good information to have. I was surprised when i called two dealers for the hoses, which neither stocked. Also when they checked their other branches, none of them had them in stock. It is bad enough the total price for the two hoses was about 150, plus about 100 miles roundtrip. I realize this machine is 25 years old but there are many small business using old machines and should not have to have a machine down for several days waiting for something as simple as a radiator hose. I wish someone would come up with a cross reference for the parts houses.
I would think you could pay for these by credit card and they could ship to you.
Yes I want them as soon as possible.
I have a 310E also. Has been great once I went through transmission clutch packs. Mine had 247 hours on meter which I laughed at when I gave it a test drive. Point is, never trust mechanical hour meters!