Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

What drain and filler and oil for Case 580E transaxle?

njdave ยท 2023-10-10 15:07

I have a 1984 Case 580E backhoe. Where is the drain and the filler for the transaxle? What oil does the transaxle take? According to online it says 85W90 gear oil. I have the service manual but there's no mention I can find of draining and refilling the transaxle or where the drain and fill plugs are, or what exact oil to use there. I will be draining and filling with the right information.

Replies7
  1. #1Tinkerer2023-10-10 22:22

    Routine maintenance usally is covered in the Operators Manual.

  2. #2njdave2023-10-11 16:38

    Haven't gotten the op manual yet, it's ordered. Would you know where the drain and fill is?

  3. #3Tinkerer2023-10-11 21:36

    From the service manual.

  4. #4njdave2023-10-12 08:10

    Thanks for going through the trouble to help me, I should receive the operators manual early next week. This way I can drain the oil and get new oil before I receive the operators manual.

  5. #5njdave2023-10-12 08:15

    Book doesn't say where the fill hole is but I guess its the dipstick hole. For me it's a one shot deal, I think.

  6. #6Tinkerer2023-10-13 07:37

    From the Operators Manual Oil Change ----line #2---fill tube.

  7. #7njdave2023-10-13 07:50

    Thanks for the reply, job is done. Now on to next fluid change. I get operators manual next week.