Just wondering about the quality of aftermarket track for my skid steer. I have a 287B and I ripped off a few drive lugs. The tracks have about 1500 hours on them and one has a pretty good tear in it. I priced tracks from Cat and they were $3440.72 each and I can buy a pair of tuffbilt tracks for $3600 or a pair of Prowler tracks for $3500 Now I Know that normally you get what you pay for but they are offering the same warranty. I was also wondeing about Larry Lugs or are tracks normally toast when you get to that point? any feed back would be greatly appretiated.
I would not use Larry Lugs. The last time I used them. The whole set ended up being just under the price of a new quality aftermarket Track. Just make sure you get the Kevlar cording. That is important! Remeber it is not all about price. There is company in NJ that has them with Kevlar cording.
Mate dont buy chinese ones thats for sure done a lot of looking into them and it is one thing they still have to do a lot of work on to get the quality up there.
Don't buy any tracks with "Kevlar"! ASV moved away from Kevlar for a better material years ago and stock OEM tracks have not Kevlar since then. That is how behind the times these aftermarket tracks are...an ASV engineer told me directly that they went from Kevlar to Aramid and then to some proprietary polyester material that is now used. He told me that Kevlar was the best technology they had at the time, but it is much more rigid and brittle compared to the material they now use. This brittleness supposedly contributed to the cord failure and issues keeping the rubber bonded to the fabric. I would suggest that you contact a Terex dealer to check prices. They tend to be cheaper than CAT dealers.
OEM uses Kevlar, aramid is a knock-off:usa
Not true, Kevlar is still in the OEM. Kevlar is a natural material and does not stretch. We tried DRB aramid cord tracks and were at max adjustment on our RC60 in no time. I agree with checking with Terex dealers tho, that is a good idea. Summit Supply and Camoplast both have Kevlar tracks.
I was told directly by an ASV engineer that they do not use Kevlar anymore. It is polyester fabric and cords only. I understand your interest as an aftermarket seller on here trying to sell product, and it may be very true that the tracks you sell have Kevlar. However, unless you work for Terex, their current track OEM, or have recently spoken directly to an ASV engineer you are merely speculating over what type of materials they still use in their tracks. I have a friend that bought DRBs and he ended up having two additional sets shipped to him before he could get a set to even fit on his machine.
Just talked to a Terex dealer (716) 655-1101. OEM ASV track is KEVLAR
Call ASV and talk to them. I sold Bobcats for over 8 years and couldn't have told you about the exact fabrics used in their tires and I wouldn't expect a Terex dealer to know the specifics of track engineering. I find it very ironic that you are located very near to the Summit Supply location in NJ and coincidentally joined and started posting around nearly the same time as another poster pushing Summit's tracks who happens to know the difference between Aramid and Kevlar.
Not trying to start any kind of argument; however, the primary thrust of this type of forum is to share information and opinions with others in the earthmoving community with correct and honest information if possible. Someone asked for opinions or information on aftermarket tracks. You offered advice based on your experiences. The other two posters (one of them even list an altogether different location on another forum) offered advice merely because I believe they are trying to peddle their product to the initial poster (just like one of them has on another forum). I'm not a big fan of company reps coming on here pushing their products because I'm sure the forum owners would rather them pay to advertise so it supports the forum. On top of their bias they put out misinformation regarding Kevlar. It turns out I learned more information yesterday in that ASV has not used any kevlar in their tracks since the very first tracks they used over 20+ years ago. In essence, any aftermarket supplier claiming that they have Kevlar in their tracks "just like the current OEM" is entirely misleading.
Just a quick update to this thread. I made a few calls to find out the total story on Kevlar AND Aramid in ASV tracks. Partly because I thought kdogg87 and crowneent were both vendors working for the same company AND full of it, but mostly because I really wanted to know the whole story. This should also assist those looking at aftermarket tracks wondering about all the claims about them being the same as OEM tracks. It turns out that ASV only used Kevlar on a single track design for their Track Truck snow groomer back in the 80s. They have never used Kevlar in their construction tracks, and to take it a step further, they have not used Aramid since sometime around the year 2000. ASV stated that any aftermarket company claiming to use Kevlar just like the originals is misleading customers and any additional claims they make should be looked at dubiously. Just an observation, but I notice that both individuals pushing their tracks have stopped posting.
Call Chris at Vancouver Track Parts and tell him that Gregg Sent you. He will give you a good price and most times will ship for free... I make no monetary gain of this, Just trying to help.
Well I decided to go with the camoplast tracks. They are $1200 cheaper per track than OEM. And I hear that camoplast builds the tracks for Cat any way.
Camoplast no longer supplies tracks to ASV/CAT . I was told that they ceased the relationship because Camoplast insisted on producing a cheaper aftermarket track, and there were some quality issues. Good luck with your purchase.
What kind of quality issues? Does any one have any experience with these tracks? You got me questioning my purchase. Camaoplast offers a better warranty. 1 year or 1400 hours and they will replace the track. Cat is 1 year or 1000 hours and is pro rated.
The last set of tracks I noticed on a new skidsteer were Bridgestone. You know the old saying, "I can take a **** in a box and mark it guaranteed, but all you'll get is a guaranteed piece of ****." I know nothing about the quality of any aftermarket tracks, Cat tracks had some issues years ago but they are pretty reliable now. We dont see many damaged ones.
I don't have the ASV style undercarriages, but my three TL150's will go up to 2000hrs on ITR tracks, at which point, they are usually pulled for being bald. I have never, ever, had a Bridgestone track go past 1200 hrs, with 90% of them failing before 800hrs, by simply snapping in half, or puking out cleat bars. When I had two Bobcat 864G's, the AVON track was also phenominal in it's durability, and ride quality. The Bobcat OEM bridgestones shook the machine so violently that windows would fall out or break. They also failed/ snapped under 900hrs. My Kubota SVL75 hasn't worn out the OEM set yet (only 400hrs so far).
Well, just saying , Im not the youngest monkey in the barrel..... never ever had any other job than what im doing now and I never ever got something better for cheaper,,,,, never ever,,,, just saying, Grampa
I thought the same thing too, but, the ITRs for a TL150 are at least $300 less per side than the OEM bridgestones, and they last a minimum of twice as long.