I am trying to find a Case Quick Attach Coupler. I am having no luck locating one. A parts guy told me that I am wasting my time restoring the machine, With a Quick attach coupler and should just use the old pin on style that I have. Does anyone feel that these machines are obsolete and a waste of time? I feel they are a great useful small machine to have. For that matter any older 90's machine Case or Not. I have been looking for some time for this part but never been told that I am wasting my time? I thought there is a pretty good market for these used machines restored. As the price and maintenance of the newer machines are going through the roof and are getting more electrically complicated. There are some who like to service and fix the machine them self without having to have any scan tools, or an operation room. I call it old school, lol. And who can blame them with the cost of everything anymore. I realize there might not be a market to sell these to high end excavation company who are going to put it to work all day everyday, and even then I am betting this little machine can take it, as these are the machines that really started getting things done and versatile. However I am not a professional operator, so I wouldnt know. I am a Restorationist, I love working on older equipment and bringing it back to life. (The Right Way) I shouldn't let one bad comment slow me down, but I like the truth and facts and Reality. And If I make a bad investment, I am not established enough to recover very easy. I guess what I am looking for is some input from professional operators, to the home owners who run these machines, and anyone in the market for a skid steer to weigh in on the new vs. newer, to Older. And even mechanics opinions on this matter. How about a price range? I see dirty old beat up machines listed for 6k and up. But thats just it, they are for sale and Not sold. Any thoughts or advice is appreciated, Thanks
There were two QA couplers made for the 1840 that I know of. The older style was made of flat steel. The newer, more stronger QA used two round steel pieces that spanned across the loader arms. This was much better design. I would search the net. There were thousands of these machines made. There is no doubt a coupler in dismatlers yard somewhere. I think the 1840 is worth putting money into within reason of course. The 1838 was budget version of the 1840, this I would not bother with along with the 1835C. The best return of investment would an 1845C, especially the last 5 years of production or so. These machines in great shape still will bring around 12K.