Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Aftermarket Tracks

Dozer_Guy · 2023-01-23 11:00

Hi Folks I am looking for a set of tracks. I see Camso are the top of the line, but at $2800 each, they're definitely more than I want to spend. I have a quote for $2500 each for a set of toughbilt tracks from one company, and a quote of $3600 for a SET of the same Tuffbilt Tracks from another company. Obviously $2500 for toughbilt to $2800 for camso is a no brainer, however $3600 for a set of toughbilt vs $5600 for a set of camso makes me think I should maybe look at the Toughbilt. I can't seem to find any reviews or anything like that online about them. I just have been able to find the literature on the different style of tracks they offer. I put <150 hours on the machine per year. I know you get what you pay for, so I'm looking for someone that has actually dealt with this brand of tracks to see what they say about them. These are 400/86/55. C style block tracks for the toughbilt and zigzag style for the Camso, and Canadian prices for reference.

Replies3
  1. #1673moto2023-01-23 11:43

    I went with McLaren tracks for around $4k for the pair. Have only put around 50 hrs on them but so far no complaints. if you are putting less than 150hrs/year on your machine and aren’t abusing it I’d say just buy a cheap set of Chinese tracks.

  2. #2Dozer_Guy2023-01-23 12:15

    Thats kinda what I'm thinking. Chances are, I'll trade this machine off in a couple years on something newer anyhow. Thanks Moto

  3. #3Tags2023-01-23 20:58

    What machine is it and what do you mainly do with it?