Anyone have any info on where to find them? Are they worth the price difference? Machine in ? is deere 160.
What window are you looking for? And where in PA are your located?
The 2 front ones its a 00 or 01 I forget, I'm 45 min north of Harrisburg.
OK thats bowed glass right? On mine the smaller window on the bottom and the main window that lifts up both have a pretty good curve to them. You might try CE parts in South Carolina. When we find used parts from these guys the prices are dirt cheap. The reason I asked where you live is because there is a glass company near me that can make a lot of different windows for you. But I'm about 45 min. south of pittsburgh so there not going to be a bit of good for you. Do you get the Machinery Trader mailer? If you have the time to make the calls, scan the back of the paper. There are a LOT of equipment salvage co. that could save you a lot of money.
Yea they are bowed. Our parts place told us about the aftermarket stuff but he can't get it. They want 400 something for big window and said we can find it for under 300 elsewhere, but didn't give any names to us.
Just for S--ts and giggles you might want to call a couple of local glass companies in your area. They probebly won't be able to make it for you but might be able to point you in the right direction. Even if you have to buy from the same company that Deere does at least you can save some of the dealer mark-up.
Ill try that we got a pretty good outfit in next town, thanks.
I did a google search and came up with few places that sell them and will freight them too you. Here is just one of the results I got http://www.brokentractor.com/jd_excavator_cab_glass.htm
I make my own lower kicker windows for our Zaxis 160's and 120's. They are always being broken. New one's from the dealer are $225 but a piece of 1/4" Plexiglass is only $50. I made a heat gun powered oven/press to put the curve in the window. Obviously I had way to much time on my hands that winter.
That pretty sweet dirt hauler . Thanks We use plexi on the bottom also but id like to put glass back and put a screen there now. It was breaking concrete that got us this time.
I have purchased several pieces of new aftermarket glass. Fortunately I was home when it was delivered. When I opened the shipping box I found that it looked like it was run over by the delivery truck. The delivery truck had left but was still in the neighborhood. I caught up with him and showed him the glass and box. He said no problem and took it with him. About a week later I had another windshield at no cost to me. I was quite relieved that it was replaced free of any charges because I had not even thought about insuring it when I bought it. If ever again have glass shipped from any vendor, including salvage yards I will certainly find out about damage in transit before I buy it.