Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Again with the boots

cuttin edge · 2026-02-06 19:45

Anyone wear the hiking boot style work boots? Not allowed to wear safety shoes. But I can get away a 6 inch shaft. I'm due for new boots this year

Replies102
  1. #1Coaldust2026-02-06 20:15

    I like the Keens. The Detroit, Pittsburg or Louisville 6” safety toes. Comfortable right out of the box. The soles stay flexible in the cold. I can get about a year out of them. They are especially comfortable if you put better insoles in them.

  2. #2Truck Shop2026-02-06 20:35

    Keens. I wear the oxford shoes.

  3. #3Coaldust2026-02-06 20:44

    Keen is doing some of their work boot manufacturing in Portland, again.

  4. #4cfherrman2026-02-06 21:02

    I picked up some keens a couple years ago, work boot that met everything I wanted in a boot, great and I still am wearing them

  5. #5cuttin edge2026-02-07 13:42

    Keen bum is what I used to tell my little girl when I finished her diaper. I have a couple pairs of Keen shoes and I like them. I like a lower boot as an operator because I am always rocking my ankle. A lot of safety programs want your boots laced to the top. I used to lace my 8 inch boot half way then wrap the laces around and tie. When a couple customers started requiring boots laced to the top, I went to the 6 inch. Though I might try a hiking style this time

  6. #6Coaldust2026-02-07 14:30

    Lacing boots all the way to the top requires commitment. Now, I have to go to work. I just can’t slip these off, if I change my mind. Representing Gen X, I’m bad with commitment. Run-DMC taught me to remove the laces completely. Let the tongue hang out. They showed me how to walk that way.

  7. #7cuttin edge2026-02-07 14:41

    Every boy in school, and some girls had the Kodiak boots tied loose scuffin their heels down the hall. The odd teacher yelling lift your feet

  8. #8Coaldust2026-02-07 14:44

    These millennials are different. Guys like Struggle Jennings. They keep their shoes tied tight, in case they gotta bounce.

  9. #9PeterG2026-02-07 14:58

    Georgia Boot FLXpoint Composite Toe Waterproof Work Boot with Composite Toe. Never had wet or cold feet. Very comfortable. Good support. Not too slippery walking down a wet tilt trailer or steel ramps. A hit or miss on wear and tear. I've see issues with them, and they are often hard to get, but I've received warranty from them. When I find a good deal, I've bought a couple of pairs at a time. If I need more boot, I have steel toe Muck Boots and old Muck boots for concrete work.​

  10. #10cuttin edge2026-02-07 15:13

    Nice looking boot. I need toe caps. I have a bad habit of kicking gravel around stakes. Eventually separating the soles

  11. #11DDoug2026-02-07 16:15

    I have switched to Brunt, 6" un-lined, composite safety toe, moc toe.

  12. #12PeterG2026-02-07 16:28

    The Georgia boot comes with a Composite toe that meets OSHA rules for a steel toe I believe.

  13. #13Shimmy12026-02-07 17:12

    I wore Redwing 931 for 25 years, still have the last new pair I bought from the store in 2010. Since about 2014, I've tried so many different boots it makes me sick. I've tried Keens. Didn't make a year. I've tried Thorogood. Made close to 2, but my feet have never been the same, I regret it everyday. Wore Durango slip-ons for about 6 years, getting a couple years a pop. Then they quit those. Last two years I've been wearing in a couple of older pairs of Redwings I bought on fleabay. One was a brand-new pair of 931s that I think were blemished, they're ok, but not quite the same as the last originals. This winter, I found another pair of used ones, not sure the number, that are probably from the 80s, but are about 75%. Those are the ones I'm wearing currently, and have hopes they'll last me about 5 years.

  14. #14cuttin edge2026-02-07 18:14

    And that's the thing. Wife can't figure out why i make a big deal out of buying work boots or why i would pay so much. She's like go to Walmart 50 bucks. I lace them on at 5 am, and might not take them off till 9 or 10 that night.

  15. #15Coaldust2026-02-07 22:10

    It doesn’t bother me if Keens only last a year. They are made of fabric and thin leather with EVA molded soles. They are not supposed to last much longer than that. $150. But, they are comfortable out-of-the box & light-weight. If you want a comfortable, high quality boot that lasts 20 years, hand crafted in the USA, get a pair of Whites. No crappy materials. Leather and more leather, on top of leather. With Vibram tread. Custom made for your feet. Never have to deal with going to a store to buy a pair of boots, ever again. Wear them out? Send them back for a rebuild.

  16. #16Coaldust2026-02-07 22:16

    One pair on the boot dryer, the other pair on your feet.

  17. #17Acoals2026-02-07 22:22

    Only $800 a pair, I was going to buy three, but they don't have western work boots. Now what?

  18. #18Coaldust2026-02-07 22:44

    Sure they do. The packer is made for stirrups and you can hang some spurs on them if that ain’t western enough. Get a pair of frilly kilties. Ready for the job site and the line-dance scene. Seriously, I have a pair thats getting close to 30 years old. When you run the numbers, the cost per mile is very reasonable. I had mine rebuilt once.

  19. #19Shimmy12026-02-07 23:07

    Whites have been mentioned numerous times, I'm not sure my feet are up to the task of breaking them in. I've heard and read many guys have given up before they ruin their feet forever.

  20. #20Coaldust2026-02-07 23:24

    They can be. Nowadays, all the PNW boot makers offer a moc toe wedge, or a low heel option which are much easier to break in. I’d like to try a pair of Nicks Moc toes one day.

  21. #21cuttin edge2026-02-07 23:25

    Maybe they should be called Mae west boots

  22. #22cuttin edge2026-02-07 23:34

    My father grew up wearing footwear too small for his feet. His toes were all cross piled. He had custom boots, and a pair of custom insoles for his non work boots. The insoles had a half inch ridge that sat behind the ball of his foot. I think his boots were 600 a pair.

  23. #23smifwal2026-02-08 07:09

    Those look like they would pair nicely with a satchel with some tassels, you would be the talk of the job site

  24. #24Willie B2026-02-08 08:12

    I wear Asolo GTX. They aren't steel toe. Gore tex, they breathe. I buy two pair, alternate each day. The ones I'm wearing are 2-1/2 years old, second set of laces.

  25. #25crane operator2026-02-08 08:18

    I tried a pair of justin work boots that were similar to the red wings I've always worn. When I tried them on, they fit really well- except they were a little tight on the top of my foot. I thought "they'll break in". They never did. Top of my feet were sore for the 9 months that I tried to wear those things, and they hurt every day. Went back to the red wings. Which - similar to your 931's, they are now discontinuing the model I've worn the most- 2233. They are still going to make the boot, just not in my size. I don't think I could handle the tall heel on the white's. I like the looks of several of the Nick's offerings, and I've been reading good things about Franks. I think I need to go get sized though, I hate the idea of waiting 6 months for a pair of boots and then they don't fit right? You might go a year and not have boots that fit right. I have to have the steel toes, they're like my own little forklift I carry along with me. I have never tried the composite toes, they say they are warmer.

  26. #26DDoug2026-02-08 08:29

    Just a note here about composite toe. The shoe truck explained how not all places allow them, some insist on steel toe only. Check Your Local Listings.

  27. #27cuttin edge2026-02-08 09:29

    If i was on the pipe crew I would have to wear an 8 inch boot

  28. #28smifwal2026-02-08 09:49

    I didn't learn that my feet are 2 different sizes (1 full size and 1 letter in width) until I was 25 when I went to a real boot store and got measured up before then I had never measured both feet. My grandpa told me about a guy that dropped something on the steel toe and that they had to cut the steel off it was like a pancake not sure what happened with the toes but probably nothing good

  29. #29Old Doug2026-02-08 10:05

    I have narrow feet . When i was younger i wanted work boots but there were not many companies making or selling narrow . I went to a army surplus store and found they had boots in N size or XN size. I wore them for years then found Redwings . I have had boots that i think they made them to last so long then wear out.

  30. #30Tugger22026-02-08 10:47

    I just bought a pair of these. Timberland 8".They seem a bit chunky ,but ill try them. I like my boots laced up,the good thing about these are the top of the boot has more hooks than the ones in the picture for the laces. My last pair of boots were Timberland and i got 3 years of good use out of them.The price was good 229.00. I kind of pushed the use on the last pair,3M window weld acrylic sealer is great for patching the soles. They dont make boots like they used to when we had Daytons and Vibergs that could be resoled over and over. Now if i could just find some Redstrap work jeans.Seems the sizing and depth of the pockets on work jeans and coveralls is messed up these days.

  31. #31PeterG2026-02-08 12:37

    Composite toe boots are fully permitted by OSHA as long as they meet the same ASTM F2413 safety standards for impact and compression as steel-toe boots. OSHA requires protective footwear, not specifically steel, making certified composite toes equally compliant while offering benefits like non-conductive, lighter, and better insulated protection.

  32. #32crane operator2026-02-08 12:42

    Do you have to have steel toed boots? We have several machines with foot controls, I find that the softer leathers are better than a super heavy leather boot. I can see why you want the short boot. I also don't like the boots with the big cushion at the top by my ankle. If you don't have to wear steel toes, I love my 10875 red wings. They are 6" and have a wedge sole, they are my go away boot, which means anytime I go out and I'm not wearing my work boots. There's a 8" version of them, 10877. A lot of ironworkers wear them. https://www.redwingshoes.com/mens/work/soft-toe/traction-tred-10875.html

  33. #33DDoug2026-02-08 13:28

    Yes, that is a true statement. However you won't get away with composite toe in certain factories, as I posted before. Companies can chose to require "above & beyond" the bare minimum that is OSHA.

  34. #34Truck Shop2026-02-08 13:29

    The quality of Whites in 2026 are not the same as 1975. When the old crew of boot makers retired out the difference was apparent. I had Whites Smoke Jumpers in 1974, had them rebuilt once, original cost of a pair was $170 at that time. I also had a pair of Packers in late 70's the cost back then was roughly $165, had those rebuilt once. They also offered Elk hide Packers, very comfortable. But in the late 80's the Roper brand came out with their copy of Packers. The in thing was countryfied Ropers and big hat, most thought Roper came up with the idea. Whites started it for people who were in wilderness pack outfits going back to the teens.

  35. #35DDoug2026-02-08 13:31

    I find these work well for the same reasons you listed, no padding on the top edge, even thought they are composite toe, they bend acceptably just behind the toe. BRUNT | THE MARIN (COMP TOE)-BROWN WORK BOOTS [B169219993a] - $89.99 : Brunt Boots | Find Your Perfect Work Boots Brunt Boots | Find Your Perfect Work Boots BRUNT | THE MARIN (COMP TOE)-BROWN WORK BOOTS [B169219993a] - KEY FEATURES 6 Water Proof Safety Toe Electrical Hazard Rated Slip & Oil Resistant Meets ASTM F2413-18 standards PRODUCT DESCRIPTION Everyone from builders to plumbers love the versatility... www.brunt-boots.com

  36. #36cuttin edge2026-02-08 14:29

    Not in the machine but I would have to put them on to get out. Sometimes I'll wear sneakers plowing or sweeping at night. But im alone.

  37. #37cuttin edge2026-02-08 14:33

    I have those now 6 inch. But they are done. 3 or 4 years old. I found my feet sweat bad in them

  38. #38Coaldust2026-02-08 15:03

    No Timbs for my hooligans in the 907. Probably not an issue for the typical East Coast, hip-hop artist, but The Timberland soles become rock solid, like a piece of steel in negative temps. Resulting in slips, trips and falls. One of my O&G clients won’t allow them. I probably still have the safety memo sitting around. Another thing I like about the Keens is they stay flexible in the cold and provide good purchase on ice/snow.

  39. #39cuttin edge2026-02-08 15:24

    I used to wear an iron workers boot. The ones that lace to the toe, but they were an 8 inch boot and I found the sole didn't last

  40. #40Coaldust2026-02-08 16:45

    Do me a favor, Gents. If you find me laying unconscious at the terminal, suffering from skull trauma, please put my PPE on before you call the red hat. K?

  41. #41cuttin edge2026-02-08 17:20

    Hate those things. Although they look less awkward than some i have seen

  42. #42Truck Shop2026-02-08 17:39

    Meet The Forefront It's the first on the scene, and last one out. Leather work boots built for the long hours and the cramped spaces. The soft wedge sole pairs, like a match made in heaven, with our flexi-design sole. Comfort. Flexibility. Shock absorption. We'll worry about it, so you don't have to. jkboots.com

  43. #43DDoug2026-02-08 17:45

    I thought you used crocks with self drillers on the sole.....

  44. #44cuttin edge2026-02-08 17:58

    And here lies the reason local manufacturers can't compete with overseas markets. Im all for supporting local manufacturing and local jobs. And I know it's quality. But I can buy 3 pairs of boots made by 7 year old dim soh. I know Dim's boots won't last that long, but 800 , and that's probably closer to 1000 metric dollars is a big up front investment for me. That's the part that sucks. The guys making the 800 boot have to make a living just like me, but I have to spend half a week's pay to support them. When I was young I would have bought the expensive boot to look cool , but now I need to let my feet suffer so I can eat and stay warm.

  45. #45Coaldust2026-02-08 18:05

    I hear ya. Most employers offer some kind of boot allowance today. I wear the stuff they provide and save the mileage on my good boots.

  46. #46smifwal2026-02-08 18:12

    I buy Ariat for around $250 or now I wait till they are on sale for $200 and buy 3 pairs. I would happily drop $800 on a pair of boots but I walk funny and my heels wear down on the sides and I would have to have them resoled and how much is that going to cost probably about the same as a new pair of square toes. I switch when the old boots start to hurt my feet,I tried to keep a old pair for mowing and trimming but after wearing the new pair I can't even walk around for 5 minutes in the old pair. Gal at the boot store told me that if I am going to buy 3 at a time that I should cycle them, don't wear the same pair every day they will last longer

  47. #47Truck Shop2026-02-08 18:34

    That's the reply I was looking for, I wouldn't buy them either. But It's worth posting strictly for the fact of the outlandish price. Wranglers are $50 bucks a pair same item as it was 30 years ago at $22.

  48. #48cuttin edge2026-02-08 19:00

    They are a nice looking boot too.

  49. #49Coaldust2026-02-08 19:06

    Lace up’s. Who wears lace up’s anyways? You need a boot, to slip- on and scoot. That’s what I’m talking about.

  50. #50cuttin edge2026-02-08 19:23

    Jim Gaffigan says lace up boots? What kind of free time do you have?

  51. #51Coaldust2026-02-08 19:57

    Cutting’ Edge, you sneak across the boarder and work for me, I’ll buy you two pairs of PNW boots and a third pair for Sunday’s.

  52. #52Shimmy12026-02-08 19:57

    You need to get out more. Been buying 13MWZ rigids from Murdoch's or North 40 when they have specials for free shipping or buy 2/get 1 free for over 5 years now. I wear out a few pairs a year, currently have like 10 new pairs on the shelf, price averaged out is like $22.99 per pair. Murdoch's – Wrangler - Men's Cowboy Cut Rigid Original Fit Jean Shop Cowboy Cut Rigid Original Fit Jean at Murdoch''s Ranch & Home Supply www.murdochs.com

  53. #53Truck Shop2026-02-08 20:03

    Oh boy, sunday go to meeting booties.

  54. #54Coaldust2026-02-08 20:29

    Looks like a fun store. Get a new pair of Wranglers, chicken scratch and the propane filled, all at the same place.

  55. #55Truck Shop2026-02-08 20:34

    I just buy what the locals have, supporting the local stores. Same price in Oregon and Oregon has no sales tax same price as Washington with tax.

  56. #56reganj2026-02-08 20:53

    Once you find a boot that is good for you, do what @Willie B and @smifwal have said, buy more than one pair and alternate daily and 02 pair will last 3x or more what one pair will last.

  57. #57crane operator2026-02-08 21:03

    You need a crane guy for a week? I ain't any good, but I got my papers. I'll want pictures of the boots.

  58. #58AMBMike2026-02-08 21:12

    The cost is definitely a huge factor. I went the high dollar route for several reasons. 1. Weird feet, all boots hurt. 2. Constant back pain due to weird feet and strange walking. 3. I did the math on what I was spending on cheaper boots and concluded I could save money in the long run if the boots lasted as advertised. My boots came from Nick's, custom made from measurements of my feet. And yes, they were expensive, but I have in fact spent less in boots since I bought them and I'm wearing boots that are literally a pleasure to put on. I too wore my heels down really strangely. Custom boots fixed that. For the first time in my life my boots wear evenly side to side and front to back. When I got them resoled they were literally smooth. My back pain is much better and I can be on my feet all day, even on concrete, without any foot pain and no extra back pain. I understand this route isn't for everyone but it's been a lifesaver for me and I'm actually saving money by not buying boots once a year or less.

  59. #59Acoals2026-02-08 22:18

    Argh, I hate Muck boots, at least for anything other than wading around in a cow pasture . . .

  60. #60Coaldust2026-02-08 23:34

    Yeah. They are kinda big and clunky, but they keep my toes from turning black and falling off during the winter. Well, if it gets too cold, the Baffins come out. I probably spend most of the year in Xtratufs. The swamp foot isn’t that bad with the wool felt insoles and a light pair of Marino wool socks. Put them on the boot dryer over night.

  61. #61Coaldust2026-02-08 23:39

    Now that Whites is foreign-owned, If I had to start over from scratch, I would probably go with Nicks.

  62. #62Truck Shop2026-02-09 05:46

    Years ago like the 70's Whites didn't have but two satellite stores, one was in Ellensburg, Star Boot & Shoe Repair. Whites wouldn't trust just anyone sell or properly fit a pair of their hand crafted boots, look at how many outlets there are now.

  63. #63smifwal2026-02-09 09:11

    I have poor circulation in my footsies. I have tried mucks, heated insoles, toe warmers, heated socks, I have even carried a extra pair and put them on the dash board with the defrost blowing on them and would switch them out. And last year I was on mission to find a boot for extreme cold with the thinking don't care what it cost just want my feet to be warm. we have days in the teens and negatives when y'all leave a door open up there. I found the baffins. My feet never get cold in them . The only thing I don't like about them is they are so big that take some getting use to driving in them, some times I will throw on regular boots in the truck, and they are tall so when you go poo your pants do go down as far as they would in a pair of regular boots but that tall helps keeps my legs warm Merino is a great base layer sock

  64. #64materthegreater2026-02-09 11:14

    I wish more boots had better cold weather soles. Most of my boots the soles get so hard when it's in the single digits that it's like I'm walking on a piece of hard plastic. I'd like a pair with Nokian Hakkapeliitta soles. With studs.

  65. #65BC Placer gold2026-02-09 12:42

    I agree, I bet the soft tire compound would be good…have had that same thought myself! I have a full corked set of boots but rarely need them for my current work. Dunlops are the standard ‘mining boot’ here. I also wear them every day at home! Common ‘rig’ boot as well.

  66. #66BC Placer gold2026-02-09 13:01

    I don’t drive with the Dunlops either…have to change into my hiking boots. If I am using the small Nissan pickup the clutch and brake pedals are so small/close together it is dangerous to use with those big ugly ‘clompers’ lol!

  67. #67cuttin edge2026-02-09 14:08

    I had a big pair of those minus 100 boots. I had a hard time driving our little international trucks cause the fuel and brake pedals were so close

  68. #68Coaldust2026-02-09 15:33

    Those Dunlops look indestructible. The current Chinese XtraTuf is better than the first ones. Not as good as the original NJ made ones. But, they wear out fast. The ankle fit boots are nice. I might order a pair of Dunlop’s like my Canadian friends rock. I see they are available in safety orange. Now, that would be something special.

  69. #69cuttin edge2026-02-09 15:51

    Mom always said if you put rubber boots on a kid. Damn sure they will go over the top. I remember the old black one with the red sole. They were some hard to get off if you got them full of water

  70. #70Truck Shop2026-02-09 19:50

    American Built Collection | Work Boots | KEEN Footwear Our KEEN Utility American Built collection is assembled with pride in Portland, Oregon, using the finest materials from around the world. www.keenfootwear.com

  71. #71Willie B2026-02-10 07:46

    I had a Jeep Cherokee when Cherokee was a full sized truck. Forever catching the gas peddle hitting the brake when I wore Sorel boots. Plowing snow with a four speed you use the peddles a lot.

  72. #72PeterG2026-02-10 12:00

    Ok, so what we're really talking about is how many "work" shoes do you have? I have the following "collection": 1. 6" tall Georgia composite toe work boot - my everyday work boot 2. A comfortable low top, steel toe shoe - used on the job for when work is super light 3. Muck boot brand with steel toe - drainage work and for muddy, rainy days 4. Old Muck boots with steel toe - used for concrete work, sewer, or could be thrown out. 5. Two pairs (Different colors) of Standard slip on shoe with waterproof outer by LL Bean, good for casual wear and doing bids. 6. Two plug in shoe driers. About an $800.00 investment!

  73. #73Coaldust2026-02-10 12:23

    Two boot dryers. Not just one. That’s a flex, man. I see that Peet, now sells a triple. With a fan. That’s the goal to reach for. A triple. Imagine that.

  74. #74BC Placer gold2026-02-10 13:00

    When I was staking claims in 2000 up near Yankes peak/Barkerville our boss said every person on the crew would get a really nice Ox-head wide flare staking axe & a Peet boot dryer...We were all well pleased thinking this was a 'free' bonus. Later we all saw the deductions from our pay checks! Still using that same Peet (just a single) boot dryer 26 years later....quality item! Plugged in year round.

  75. #75JD955SC2026-02-10 15:11

    My beef with 90% of work boots is the waterproofing. It’s not very waterproof but it does keep the sweat in pretty good. Wish more models were not waterproof. Best pair of breathable boots I had were a pair of Bates desert tactical boots- they dried quick and helped immensely with the sweat

  76. #76cuttin edge2026-02-10 15:32

    I only run the one pair of work boots. My brother in law has a shoe fetish. He buys casual shoes. Wears them a couple times, decides he doesn't like them, so my sister sends them to me I haven't bought anything but work related footwear in years

  77. #77cuttin edge2026-02-10 16:04

    This is why I am wondering about a hiking style boot as they might be breathable

  78. #78Coaldust2026-02-10 16:05

    For sure. Those Gortex type waterproof linings only result in swamp foot and take forever to dry.

  79. #79JD955SC2026-02-10 19:23

    Unfortunately most seem to have a goretex type lining. I have worn Keens in the past, tried a few different styles. They are comfortable to an extent.

  80. #80cuttin edge2026-02-10 19:32

    The flaggers need good footwear. Lot of times on their feet. Sometimes on fresh adphalt. They used to wear sneakers. No more of that. Some of them wear safety shoes, I see nothing, I know nothing.

  81. #81Coaldust2026-02-10 21:01

    Interesting. I’ve never paid attention to their feet. I’m usually checking for proper, form-fitting hi-vis.

  82. #82JaredV2026-02-10 22:41

    Like this?

  83. #83Shimmy12026-02-11 08:25

    I'd say more like this. Best I could find on short notice.

  84. #84smifwal2026-02-11 18:05

    That's a guy don't be fooled by the long hair

  85. #85Welder Dave2026-02-11 20:41

    Pretty skinny legs for a guy.

  86. #86Truck Shop2026-02-11 21:09

    Ever notice morbidly obese are commonly in a scooter chair by 50, lower back, hips, knees & and especially the ankles are shot. At every step weighing 300lbs, that's 300 lbs on a single ankle joint with every step, most have no arch, just walking around on pancakes--or is that hotcakes for feet.

  87. #87Acoals2026-02-11 23:50

    Need more legs, we could set people up, one leg per 80lbs. People start looking like Michigan rigs. . .

  88. #88colson042026-02-12 07:04

    That's not a Michigan Special. 'Two' many axles. We're only allowed 11 axles without special permits.

  89. #89Acoals2026-02-12 08:53

    Well then that explains it, whenever I am in the UP and I see trucks I start trying to count axles and get dizzy, run out of fingers and then have to quit because I am running off the road . . .

  90. #90Coaldust2026-02-13 00:30

    Thanks for saving this thread.

  91. #91Coaldust2026-02-13 00:39

    One of my clients purchased a Michigan special at a trade show, two years ago. It’s been sitting for two years because it can only gross about 50%, under Alaska bridge laws. I’m still disappointed that particular manufacturer thought it would be a good idea to sell it to an Alaskan outfit. To their credit, they did just offer to buy it back. We racked our brains trying to figure out how to move axles around and make it work. But it would require a CD Engineer to re-issue a CTMV certificate and a new VIN.

  92. #92colson042026-02-13 10:24

    Our milk hauler's big tanker is 8 axles in a row as far back on the tanker as they can be placed. The front four of that group are steerable lift axles. I'm not sure what his legal gross is, but it is not the max 164,000 lbs that some 11 axle rigs can have. Crazy part is they're pulling it with a Penske Rental Volvo right now as their International HDX is having constant issues with the Eaton auto shift. (Early 2010's truck).

  93. #93PeterG2026-02-13 11:43

    So what I think I'm hearing is I should get a much bigger longer boot that will stretch my "obese weight" out longer, making it safer to cross bridges with less lbs per sq inch, and add additional "traction" and "stability" LOL.

  94. #94Truck Shop2026-02-13 11:47

    Skinny people with big feet have a better chance at survival in quick sand.

  95. #95Acoals2026-02-13 11:50
  96. #96Coaldust2026-02-13 11:52

    IDK,… I forgot what we were talking about. Cutting Edge was looking for something and now we are discussing milk trailers.

  97. #97DDoug2026-02-13 12:01

    Why did I think you would post about fur lined boots ?.....

  98. #98Simon C2026-02-13 12:57

    Never thought of it that way, but you are absolutely correct, know a guy who is 45 and 400lbs and you are correct 400 lbs on each joint as he walks. Doctors will not even touch them as they will never be able to do the physio after an operation. Simon C

  99. #99smifwal2026-02-13 13:45

    I have a pair of Crocs with fur in them, it is all matted down like a stray dog

  100. #100Truck Shop2026-02-13 18:18

    For every action there is direct and opposite reaction. A little too much fried chicken, chicken fried steak, french fries, onion rings, burgers, ribs, beacon, rib eye, taters & gravy, gravy, hotdogs, bratwurst, eggs, sugar, bread, butter, all smothered in some sauce. It's the number one health issue in the country.

  101. #101Simon C2026-02-13 18:20

    I am not a smoker but some doctors say it is worse long term. Simon C

  102. #102Truck Shop2026-02-13 18:27

    One one gets out alive.