Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Air bubbles in tranny Komatsu dozer

Todd Wendt · 2023-07-15 17:41

I’ve got air bubbles in transmission. Installed new clutch pack, rebuilt pump, replaced all filters and new fluid. Ran dozer for 30 minutes and tranny got hot. Can’t find any suction side leaks. Pressure tested for leaks but couldn’t find any. Hooked up pressure gauge to tranny and get about 10 psi. Any ideas?

Replies12
  1. #1Vetech632023-07-15 17:53

    Did you do all of this trying to solve the bubble problem? Or did the problem come up afterwards?

  2. #2Todd Wendt2023-07-16 16:50

    Thanks for replying. I bought dozer at an auction. Ran it for about 1/2 hour and it wouldn’t push a pile of dirt. Also didn’t have 3rd gear. Cleaned out mesh screen it had some gunk in it but no metal. Had tranny out and new clutch pack installed along with everything else mentioned. Ran dozer for 1/2 hour again. Worked great. Pushed good and 3rd gear was strong but tranny gauge started climbing so stopped. Then took off rear inspection port and saw bubbles.

  3. #3coalrulz2023-07-16 18:55

    Could you provide model and serial number of your machine?

  4. #4Todd Wendt2023-07-16 21:56

    D32p-1. X4730002p075613

  5. #5Todd Wendt2023-07-16 21:57

    D32p-1 X4730002p075613

  6. #6Todd Wendt2023-07-17 00:01

    Komatsu d32p-1

  7. #7Todd Wendt2023-07-17 08:26

    Komatsu d32p-1 X4730002p075613

  8. #8Todd Wendt2023-07-17 09:35
  9. #9Todd Wendt2023-07-17 09:39

    I noticed the bubble problem after I replaced all what I said in my typing. I was trying to explain what I did so folks wouldn’t waste their time with suggestions that I already tried.

  10. #10southernman132023-07-17 17:20

    no idea but I have a d41p that has metal in strainer. Wondering how difficult it is to r&r tranny. Hope u find your problem. Thanks. I know mines a bigger unit

  11. #11Todd Wendt2023-08-01 09:23
  12. #12Todd Wendt2023-08-01 09:24