Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Air conditioner rad

tjship64 ยท 2014-12-20 10:41

My 04 Kenworth has been sittin inside shop for about 3 days, this morning I go out and there is a fog inside shop and a large puddle of oil under truck, hard to pinpoint where the leak is, what would cause the freeon to leak out? Thanks Tim

Replies3
  1. #1Old Doug2014-12-20 15:52

    Old age. The freon is under presser and something got old or worn and couldnt hold the presser back any longer. I wouldnt think it would be hard to find were it came from. I would get it sealed up even though it will be some time before its needed.

  2. #2Muffler Bearing2014-12-20 21:46

    kinda funny you had a failure that catastrophic! that doesn't happen too often. Like Doug said, if you look around you will probably find the source of the leak, But, If you really can't find the leak I don't see why you couldn't thread the valve out of one of the charge ports and blow some air in with a rubber tip on your air nozzle, maybe hold a rag around it in case it blows oil out when you release the air. Don't get that stuff in your eye! Ideally I'd use a nitrogen charge, but I'm just tossing out the home diag version. Shop air will kill your receiver drier, but yours is already dead. So factor a new one of those (part #GD1135?) into the repair.

  3. #3tjship642014-12-22 00:23

    Ok thanks, my computer died also so having a rough time up North,