Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Service Truck Suspension

Cheeto ยท 2014-12-21 02:26

I have a 95 ford f 450 with a service body and IMT 2505 crane. The truck leans to the right hand side (side the crane is on). Would I be better off to go with air bags or helper springs to help level the truck back out?

Replies6
  1. #1clintm2014-12-21 07:40

    the local body company here takes them to the spring shop to add a leaf to level it up after all other acces. are installed (welder,air compressor,ect.) your tools, bolt bins ,oils or other heavy stuff is not on that same side?

  2. #2Mobiltech2014-12-21 10:38

    Air bags are pretty cheap and with each bag plumbed in separately you can set your ride height and level anytime you want.

  3. #3Mike Van2014-12-21 15:24

    I had a 600 lb crane on my '94 F350, left rear. An air bag by Airlift leveled it right up.

  4. #4driveshed2014-12-21 15:26

    Hey Cheeto I think air bags would be the best route to go for leveling up the truck. I have a 96 ford F350 and I am have a over load problem, I am now looking at a 2006 ford F650 with a 3126 cat. The little 350 only has a 351 in it and a3 speed auto in it and she loves her fuel. I look at beefing up the spring front and rear but it was going to be around $3200.00 and the 2006 has a crane which would be nice good luck and talk soon. KEEP THE WRENCHES TURNING Dave H

  5. #5caterpillarmech2014-12-22 19:40

    I had my 550 re arched on both sides and added three leafs under my crane. Leveled it up good and didn't mind the crane maxed out.

  6. #6mitch5042014-12-22 21:22

    On my old C30, I had airbags, with each one plumbed to a separate schraeder valve, so I could just add air to which ever side was riding low. It worked well.