Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Air Cooled Deutz Trouble

JCG P&P Ltd ยท 2016-10-07 02:18

Hi I have a Deutz V10 air cooled engine running a generator, i cannot locate any parts anywhere for it either in the UK or USA. Apparently the Deutz serial number does not relate to any engine therefore nothing can be found. I think they are more popular in the USA as i have seen similar engines on YouTube being fitted into trucks. Any help would be appreciated

Replies9
  1. #1thepumpguysc2016-10-07 02:30

    ALL you have to do is Google>> f10l814 as stated on the name plate.. I got parts and information in seconds..

  2. #2JCG P&P Ltd2016-10-07 02:42

    I found them, sounds stupid but Google in the UK searches different stuff to Google USA so I used the USA version and found it straight away! Thanks a lot much appreciated

  3. #3thepumpguysc2016-10-07 03:02

    I've had my hands on 2 in 35 years.. BOTH threw a rod thru the block. A replacement was ordered both times,due to cost efficiency. Keep an eye on oil level..

  4. #4JCG P&P Ltd2016-10-07 03:13

    Yeah what were the engines originally made for? Also what oil did you put into it, I need to change it but wasn't sure if regular 15W/40 Diesel Oil will cut it.

  5. #5thepumpguysc2016-10-07 04:44

    Both were generators.. Cant remember exactly but I would think 15/40

  6. #6Delmer2016-10-07 10:33

    Interesting, I wouldn't have thought they were more common in US than GB. They are around, all over, and used for everything, just not that many of them compared to cummins or detroit or kubota or yanmar. Of course there are Deutz tractors. Some of the Amish communities have some Deutz engines, I can walk into a farm shop nearby that has several capable Deutz mechanics, parts in stock, and a few new and used engines as well as customers engines being worked on. It could be the only place in the midwest with that level of Deutz experience? I believe they're "modular" sorta like the detroits only more so, any head will fit any other head on the same series, and the cylinders are removable individually so you can pull and replace one cylinder, piston and head from the top, leaving the rest alone. And keep one spare in order to fix any hole. That would have had particular advantages for the wehrmacht, but not enough to overcome brute force american mass production... What kind of parts do you need for it?

  7. #7djordje12016-10-07 10:41

    http://www.deutzuk.co.uk/deutz-engine-spare-parts/

  8. #8gotigers2024-02-03 13:05

    Looking for a generator head for an air cooled deutz 4 cylinder

  9. #9MarshallPowerGen2024-02-03 18:27

    Throw a post up in the generator section with more specific info versus an 8yr old thread, and you'll get some answers.