Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Air fittings organization

Hunter013 · 2025-05-12 11:00

I’m curious good other shops organize their air fittings. I started with 2 of the nice metal compartment drawers, but then we started needing more uncommon fittings and we ran out of room in the drawers. I’d definitely like to get away from the catch all cardboard box. What is a good way to organize the fittings? By push connect size? Pipe thread size? Or by style of fitting?

Replies7
  1. #1John Shipp2025-05-15 15:06

    I'd say your yellow tray selection looks pretty good, backed up by the cardboard box = spot on

  2. #2Truck Shop2025-05-16 19:12

    I have 5 open plastic bins with used and 6 cardboard boxes with new.

  3. #3Junkyard2025-05-16 20:34

    I’ve got a bin for each hose size from 1/4 to 5/8. 90’s, 45’s, unions etc etc. There’s also a bin that’s some 3/4 and a few randoms. I don’t have many quick connects. They always end up leaking at some point.

  4. #4Truck Shop2025-05-16 20:39

    Pushlocks have to be installed with little to no tension on the airline.

  5. #5Old Doug2025-05-17 07:36

    Last week at the scrap yard there was a 55gal drum about full of new bolts. It made me think but would they be much good without some sorting ? I thought maybe they came from the same place were a salvage store I have a trailer at gets stuff? I was talking to a guy and found out he had hauled the bolts and yes it came from the same place. Its hard to believe all the bolts ,fitting and new stuff is getting scraped but without some containers to organize them I guess the market is not good?

  6. #6crane operator2025-05-17 08:17
  7. #7Truck Shop2025-05-17 08:40

    That yellow cubie hole cabinet--doubles as many things, mainly a homeless shelter for wayward spiders on the ground floor levels. The upper penthouse section for moths & the old boss/owners ashtray when he would stray to shop.