Not shure is this is the right place. But i have an aif flo v box spreader that was given to me, sat for 2 yrs. Its the gas engine version. I got everything working except the clutch is still rusted fast in the bottom half. The top half moves freely and it lock when power is put to it, but it is locked up on the bottom half. It will stall the motor and it wants to bend the stop plate right off of the part that shouldnt spin because there is wires there. Im need some one with one to tell me what part of the lower clutch should be moving and what shouldnt? Any one with experience in them i would appreciate your help.
I don't know much about them, but these guys might: http://www.letstalksnow.com/forums/index.php New clutch/clutch rebuild maybe?
This is a good site also http://www.plowsite.com/
Ive posted on some snow sites but no ones got any answers.
Is there any way you can post a picture of the clutch? I had a Torwell spreader, not sure if it is a similar style clutch.
Hope this works. Its hard to really see but mabey it will help.
That's the same style I had, but it's been 7 years since I've had it. I had to replace one, I really don't remember them being serviceable at all.
Well i can get a new one for 182. I tried getting it off breifly the other day but i couldnt.
That link doesn't work for me, Thank you Steve:drinkup
I guess I cannot post it but put ******** in place of ****
one word no spaces ******** in place of ********
I got more answers on here then that site.
Which site? There was 2 links posted here.
This sit is more help then ******** , and the snowtalk one i signed up to register and it said they will email me the verifacation link and i never recieved it.
Well saturday nite i went over the garage, had a few beers and took the 8lb sledge and gave the clutch about a dozen almighty hits. And she freed right up, just finished all the small stuff this afternoon. Its ready for the snow now. Thanks for the replies.