Was wondering if anyone can tell me why my fuel filter gets air in it after running for awhile.
What kind of backhoe do you have?
310d 1993 sorry forgot to include that duh!!!
Air in the filter I would pull the pickup tube in the fuel tank and check the screen, replace the o rings on the fittings, check the hoses good up to the lift pump, replace the filter, and the two o rings on the drain and bleed screw. If the tank screen is getting clogged the system is sucking hard, any loose connections will suck air. Even the band that holds the filter could allow a air leak if the filter o rings are old. Just my thoughts to start at the tank and work to the fuel filter, take a good look at the fuel line with the crimped ends from the tank also for swelling.
Hose and fitting o rings replaced, I guess I'll have to pull the tank and check the screen, I'm also going make sure the cap vent is clear.
Sheepfoot said to pull the pickup tube, it looks like you don't even have to drain the tank to do that. You do have a petcock drain on the bottom of the tank that you check for water and junk every day, right?
The pick up is under the fender don't know if I could get it out without removing the tank.
Gotcha. Is there a tank drain? JD parts didn't show one, but maybe I wasn't looking in the right place.
Yes it does have a drain.
Is it the bolt and washer on the right side facing the tank, 1/2 " head, it has a special washer under it for that 5/16 bolt.
Yes that is correct,exactly as you describe.