Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Air in new injector

Member · 2023-06-30 19:43

Hey guys, it's probably a common problem but I cannot find the proper Information for my specific case. John deere 160clc I had a leaking injector that I replaced and it worked Allright for about 5h. Then the excavator started blowing white smoke and didn't want to start. I realized the new Injector was spurting a lot of air and I can't never bleed it, always a bunch of air. I can't start the excavator just fine if I unscrew this specific injector so that the air can get out. (Only works with this one). Then I can rescrew it, but the excavator runs rough with smoke(white, maybe blueish). I don't see what else could have broken other than the new injector. I want to switch its place with another one to test of its the line or the injector, but I'm waiting to get the job done in case I break a seal doing so. Meanwhile i'm reaching out to you to see if you already encountered something like this. Am I on the right track ? Regards JP

Replies2
  1. #1thepumpguysc2023-06-30 22:13

    It’s very possible that the injector is stuck open and your getting compression blowing back up thru the injector.. Another problem is with that inj pump.. The “DE” pump has a broken spring problem.. & it produces a bunch of air, BUT it won’t be just 1 cylinder.. Have u loosened ALL the lines AT THE INJECTORS and had someone crank the engine to see if it’s just on 1 cyl or ALL of them.?? If indeed it’s only on 1 cyl, it’s probably just that 1 injector.. Good luck

  2. #2Member2023-07-01 08:08

    @thepumthanks, yes i tried the injectors when someone crank but also as the excavator was running. Only this injector shoot more air then fuel. The rest a clean fuel. Thanks for taking the time I'm glad to see I'm on the right path.