Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Air lock after fuel filter change

timh2966 · 2023-06-20 10:52

Hello, I have a Ford 575D that I recently purchased and did filter changes. After changing the fuel filter the unit started up and ran for about 30 seconds, and has not stared again. I have tried hand priming system, verified that there is fuel in both the filter and sediment bowl, but yet still not starting. It will fire up with starting fluid but will not run. I’m new to this type of equipment and you tube ain’t working. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated by this old farmer Thanks

Replies7
  1. #1Kobelco99192023-06-20 19:17

    I had 555b in the day. They function in a very simple way for the most part. If i recall coorectly, the filter are next to the engine and close to the injector pump. Youve either got a blocked pick up in the tank. Disconnect the fuel line from the tank and blow back into the tank to be sure its clear. or theres Air in the filter housing or injector pump. I used to crack a fuel line to bleed the air where it connects to the injector, or there should be a bleed screw on the housing and pump. get it running with a lil starting fluid , the air will clear quickly and just tighten the line back up. Dont back off the fuel line very much at all, maybe a quarter or half a turn tops. Good luck. feel free to reach out if you dont have any luck. good luck, you should be ok.

  2. #2thepumpguysc2023-06-20 22:33

    If u have a 3 piece filter set up, Filter head, filter and a bowl that’s all held together w a long screw.. U MUST put the top oring UP IN THE FILTER HEAD.. NOT ON the filter.!!

  3. #3timh29662023-06-21 09:25

    Thank you, I know I have fuel out of the tank. I will try your suggestions

  4. #4timh29662023-06-21 09:27

    I will verify that the top o ring is settled in the housing and not the filter. thanks

  5. #5thepumpguysc2023-06-21 12:33

    If everybody knew that AND changed their filters EVERY 6 months.. we could change the name of this forum to: Heavy Equipment Hydraulic Forum..!!

  6. #6timh29662023-06-21 18:12

    Thank you “thepumpguysc” after placing the O ring in the correct spot and bleeding the lines to the injectors the old girl fired right up. it’s o good day

  7. #7thepumpguysc2023-06-21 22:48

    Happy to help..