Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

JD 310d MFWD steering cylinder rebuild question

Eric Forstrom ยท 2023-06-21 00:42

I am going to rebuild my very leaky steering cylinder when the seal kit comes in. Has anyone done one of these on the MFWD (four wheel drive)? I can't find any info on the web and the JD parts breakdown doesn't look like what is on my backhoe. Also, the service manual I have doesn't show how to reseal the MFWD steering cylinder. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Eric

Replies2
  1. #1mg23612023-06-21 05:08

    Machine serial number please. There are 2 different steering cylinders for MFWD machines. Also, what manual are you using. TM1497 Repair manual shows both cylinders in section 0960.

  2. #2Eric Forstrom2023-06-21 23:44

    My backhoe SN is 793970. Thanks mg2361, I skipped right over it in my service manual. My manual is a PDF style and it doesn't have a contents page in each chapter.