Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Air operated valve for dump box

Andy1845c · 2024-08-12 10:25

Buyers HV25 - Hydraulic Valve From ITEParts.com Buyers HV25 - Hydraulic Valve3-Position 3-Way With Air Shift From ITEParts.com - Free Shipping on Eligible Purchases iteparts.com Anyone have a truck with one of these in it? Can you feather the spool position by increasing the air pressure or are they a bang on bang off type valve?

Replies5
  1. #1Labparamour2024-08-12 13:40

    I have something similar on my dump box. No feathering on mine. I have a toggle valve to send air to the spool and it on/off. May be different valves that would let you ease air to the spool…. My hoist cylinder does have a flow valve on it to control rate.

  2. #2Welder Dave2024-08-12 20:48

    Engine RPM could affect speed. Are most dump trucks 2000 PSI or under? I would have thought 2500 PSI would be more common.

  3. #3Andy1845c2024-08-13 13:40

    I did think about plumbing a flow control inline. But that will make it come down slow too I believe unless someone makes one that only restricts in one direction. My PTO is air shift so it would be nice to only have air controls to route into the cab.

  4. #4Labparamour2024-08-13 22:12

    1/2 NPT 15 GPM Wolverine by Prince WFC-800 In-Line Flow Control | Wolverine by Prince Mfg | Brands | www.surpluscenter.com 1/2 NPT 15 GPM Wolverine by Prince WFC-800 In-Line Flow Control, Wolverine by Prince Mfg, 1/2 NPT 15 GPM PRINCE WFC-800 IN-LINE FLOW CONTROL, 1/2Wolverine by Prince Mfg,WFC-800 , www.surpluscenter.com Restricts one direction, full flow other.

  5. #5Andy1845c2024-08-13 23:05

    That might be perfect. Thanks!