Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Airman AX15

gp1200x ยท 2008-07-30 12:55

I recently purchased a used Airman AX15 and want to have the bucket pins and sleeves repaired/replaced. Can anyone recommend someone or a machine shop in the PA/NY/NJ/Conn/MA area that does satisfactory work. I don't think I want to tackle it myself unless I need to. It looks like they lost a fitting and never bothered to grease a sleeve. The bucket joints are the only ones that appear sloppy so I can remove the bucket and short stick for a carry in repair. So far I have not found any replacement pins for sale...no manual either so i don't know the pin sizes. I'm sure they will have to be oversized if it is even an option. Anyone have suggestions as to the best approach to repair it? I realize it may cost me some bucks but so far it looks like that is the only problem. Hydraulics are strong even at idle and the tracks look new. Thanks

Replies5
  1. #1gp1200x2008-07-31 06:53

    Manuals for Airman AX15-2 Anyone have any service or parts manuals for the Airman AX15-2. If so I will pay for all shipping to and from (and leave a deposit with you if you are worried) and create a PDF manual for you and myself. These manuals are no longer available from the manufacturer. Thanks

  2. #2texascadillac422008-07-31 10:02

    Where at in NY are you located?

  3. #3gp1200x2008-07-31 17:52

    Dutchess County NY...across the Hudson River from Kingston NY... cow country

  4. #4minimax2008-08-01 01:23

    Airman builds deere and hitchi's mini-x's so you mite be able to get parts for a deere mini and use them on a airman. minimax

  5. #5gp1200x2008-08-01 12:09

    Thanks, that's that may be helpful looking for parts! Still trying to find a good machine shop that will handle the work. The two I called said their machines were down for repairs with no est of completion. I don't mind waiting a few weeks but they wouldn't even take any new work for now.