Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

JD 370LC have 3 problems

yjk ยท 2008-07-29 21:02

I have a 1999 JD 370LC with a few problems. The track seals on one side went out. I bought the seals and now need to replace them. Does anyone have experince replacing them. Any tips that will help when we start to take it apart. #2 About a month ago the power to the tracks and movement in general just started to get sluggish. We have changed all filters and fulids all seems fine, but still moves sluggish. any suggestions. #3 the top idler has started to develop a flat spot. Any suggestions on why a flat spot got started, it still turns just fine. Please let me know. yjk

Replies10
  1. #1Shantull EXC2008-07-29 22:12

    hey yjk as for your second question have you checked the swivel joint for leaks as you may not see any external leaks ypu may need to bite the bullet and just put a seal through it for what its worth you might solve the problem just like that its not a fun job but i done one of our machines after searching problems everywhere it was just a simple seal the swivel joint is behind the boom dead centre of the upper and lower structure were the hoses run through to the track motors. as for the flat spot in the idler i can only guess that it was jammed at one stage to cause a flat spot make sure tthat behind the idler does note jam up with rocks

  2. #2Countryboy2008-07-30 00:58

    Welcome to Heavy Equipment Forums yjk! :drinkup

  3. #3yjk2008-07-31 21:15

    Shantull EXC The seal your talking about was it leaking to the point that it caused the lose of power. I'll look at the area you spoke of and see if I ccan see ay fluids in that area. Thanks, YJK

  4. #4Shantull EXC2008-08-01 04:05

    yes however there was no external oil the seals were leaking internaly the seal kit was not very dear so for what its worth your best off replacing them therfore eliminating that ploblem i pulled my hair out looking everywhere for such a simple fix

  5. #5ncbschzzt2008-08-01 11:07

    Do you have the s/n? PM it to me and I will solve your problem. There is a specific test you need to do for your slow travel, but I need the s/n to tell you what to do. Also the problem Shantull EXC is talking is very uncommon on this machine, but does happen. So I am not ruling it out, but the probable cause is very low.

  6. #6yjk2008-09-02 20:31

    help with slow moving Here is the S/n RG6081H075057 Sorry for the delay. I'm an HVAC conctactorand it's been crazy for a month. please elt me know what you think. YJK

  7. #7John C.2008-09-03 20:05

    yjk, Your serial number doesn't make sense for your stated model of machine. You might check to see if you transposed a number of something. For the track adjuster you have to split the track and pull the front idler out. As I recall the track adjuster and recoil spring all come out in one piece on that machine. If it is a 370 model machine I would recommend you get some experienced help or the dealer to do that job. The travel problem can be very complicated. It could be the center swivel, a valve problem, an electronic problem or the pump. Again you need someone with some tools, gauges and experience. The track adjuster can be dangerous and if you don't know what you are looking for on the travel problem you can waste thousands of dollars. Good Luck

  8. #8ncbschzzt2008-09-04 11:50

    That is his engine s/n, waiting to here his machine s/n to find out whether the original motors have been replaced. Actually we can rule out several issues through the monitor readings. We can determine if there is any fault codes and check travel pressures. We have had very few problems with the rotary manifold on these series, but not impossible of course. If a P sensor is bad on this model it will slow down both tracks, unlike a 450 size machine which will miss-track if a P sensor fails. Basically we just need to here from him again to get some more info.

  9. #9deeredriver2008-09-04 14:08

    Not to hijack this thread, but do you have any info on my machine? Serial #537452. I know it has high hours, and the meter has been changed. Any way you can send my the service history? Thanks!

  10. #10ncbschzzt2008-09-04 15:51

    okay, first I take back some of what I said about the monitor I was thinking of a C model. On this model best bet would to be either get Dr. zx or get the dealer out to it. As far as the Deeredriver goes I am assuming you are talking about a 690E. If so contact Holt in Indiana at 574-232-1461 ask for Service Manager and give them your s/n. They should have records of that machine in their system, if not let me know. I can tell you that the hydraulic pumps were replaced in nov of 98 and it also had some PIPS