Hi I have purchased an Airman HM30S Excavator which is about 3 tonnes and made in 1986 to 1990. I cannot find out anywhere of where to purchase an operators/parts/service and repair manual. Can someone please help with a source if there is one that I can get this information from. I have been told that these were made by Hitachi and have a Kubota Engine. Is that true? I am now in the process of repairing the main hydraulic ram which was leaking from non use and there is a side shifting one that also needs attention. The fuel hose was leaking which I have replaced and there was a grease nipple missing from the track adjuster which I have replaced once the rams are resealed I will adjust those. It has done 4580 hours and runs like a charm so all the filters will be renewed and a fresh drink of oil and she should bel OK All the pins are good. Are there any do's and don'ts I should know about? Here's one don't I learnt. The guy who delivered the machine went under it to realease a winch hook that was used to lower the machine off a Tilt Tray Truck. Do not put your hand anywhere near the base of the engine cover when open. A freak gust of wind came along whilst he went under the machine and slammed it shut on his hand. It was not pretty. A badly broken hand very messy. Where do I get parts from for this old machine? So any advice would be appreciated.
I have more. I have now taken three Hydraulic rams apart and renew the seals. So Ok I have done some work on here. The rams are no longer leaking. I replaced or renewed some grease nipples.Changed the oil filter and have all the other filters on order. I went for standard oil of 15/40W charged up the battery, adjusted the track tension, raised the seat by 100 ml with wooden blocks amd guess what she runs like a charm. I found the fuel leaks which were the fuek filter leaking so I have a new one coming this week. Now I am chasing a sand bucket. It is a worry when you buy an old machine with fairly low hours for it's age of whether ot not you can get parts. But anything with a kubota engine seems fine. But I would appreciate a work/ operators/ service manual if anyone has one. So it has been a good experience so far and I am now looking for a sand bucket Cheers
These folks are the dealer in Victoria? http://www.lynfield.com.au/airman And here's the Japanese manufacturer: http://www.airman.co.jp/en/product/product08.html
Thankyou for that imformation Thanks for your information it's much appreciated. I will contact both businesses as I have a lot of questions and some parts to buy still. Cheers