Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Any one got some crazy plans for next year

monster76 · 2014-11-02 18:50

Looks like ill be biting the bullet and jumping in the seat of of an 85g deere excavator in the beginning of next. been digging so many swimming pools and setting in so many grease traps doing it with the backhoe just isn't feasible for to much longer. for some of you this may not sound to crazy but this will be the most expensive machine i have bought yet, so who else has some plans for next year

Replies6
  1. #1JGibson2014-11-02 18:56

    Going to try to start working for a logging/landclearing company

  2. #2grandpa2014-11-02 19:20

    Playing with retiring.

  3. #3clintm2014-11-02 19:51

    you will wonder why you waited so long to get an excavator .:thumbsup

  4. #4stumpjumper832014-11-02 20:41

    thinking of moving into equipment sales and rental as well as the dirt moving for hire that I already do... And I concur with clint, you will love your hoe.

  5. #5Shimmy12014-11-02 20:56

    Have an acquaintance who threw out a bid for a three cell backwash/settling pond for a rural water system. Since he got it, he's asked me to do the dirt work. 75,000 yds³ mostly import fill from ¼ mile away. All the fill must pass compaction tests. I figure I'll rent a pair of 18 yd pans for behind the quad and I know someone with another 1810 Deere I can hook behind mine. Should be able to move at least 3500 per day, $3/yd³, should be nice little July project to set me up for the drainage season.

  6. #6kshansen2014-11-03 09:36

    I be doing the same, it's got to be where it's no fun anymore. Management is always pinching pennies and when you find them a way to save $500 on a $1,000 item they get all huffy with the guy who has the $500 part about wanting to get paid in 30 days instead of 45 days! So I end up having to buy the exact same Cat pump from local dealer for the $1,000.:Banghead