I recently purchased this backhoe. The engine runs good, it has strong hydraulics and no leaks. the only problem I'm having is the forward shuttle doesn't always pull as it should. Reverse will pull uphill even with a full bucket. Forward sometimes slips going uphill empty. If the machine does not move forward I can usually get it to go forward by shifting to reverse then immediately to forward. My thoughts are that the forward clutches a worn or a problem with the torque converter. I would appreciate any advice about this , also where can I find a shuttle overhaul kit.
Sorry for the mistype the tractor is an Allis Chalmers 715B/D 1982 year Engine is a Perkins 236 4cyl. The good news is I have found a supplier for all the parts I will need for the shuttle. They are located a reasonable 120 miles from my home. Parts should run 6-8 hundred, looking forward to starting this rebuild. I will post later as it progresses.