S# FFF00274 category 3 alarm according to the operators manual that the operator read to me over the phone. My question is, does this system have a flash fault code through the caution lamp? The operator said it was flashing and the park brake set itself while he was running the machine. He said that nothing had come up on the data monitor that he didn't recognize. Any help with fault codes and their definitions would be appreciated! At least it would give me a place to start. Thanks! Jeff
hi the fault light flashing and sounding is a level 3 event which is immediate shutdown do you have a book symbol as shown in drawing below? if so you have active codes. to access hold the mode and scroll buttons down for 3 seconds
Thanks Mark. I will being seeing this machine this morning and will report what I find.
2 active codes. A039 E570-2 & E571-1
your codes are for the unexpected right hand side forward and reverse speed detection so check out your wiring to the speed sensor and the speed sensor itself you can swasp sensors from side to side to help isolate the problem
Well, like usual, I left a message with my local Cat dealer to get definitions on these 2 fault codes with no call back and that was at 8 am this morning. It can take days to get a call back, and most of the time you wont get one at all.
Thanks Mark. I was just bitching about my local dealer. The machine will not move as it sits right now, so I am assuming a switch out may not work between the 2 sides. I may have to replace both sensors and see what happens.
i would still swap sensors to help eliminate wiring issues also here is a description of fault and flow chart