Some pics of vintage equipment I spot while hauling heavy equipment @ Alberta. Hoping there's always more to come.
Linn tractor I spotted in Edmonton, Alberta. What a shock. I thought only 'The King, Joey Barnes' had one.
What's the green one next to the Linn. It looks interesting also.
The green tractor is a Wagner. 1st manufacturer of articulating 4wd. I believe. Mid 60's. Cummins (220, If memory serves). It's My bosses now. I'll get some better pics of it in our yard. Found one pic of it in our yard on my phone.
Wagner made articulating tractors for Deere, the W14 and W17. That may be one. I am thinking it was in the late '60's when they did that.
Nice to see the classic gear hiding away... Keep the photos coming.
Gkenworth, Were those Linn somewhere on a property located on Yellowhead Trail?? I am asking because i know a guy who collects Linn tractors..... Max.
Check out the Reynolds-Alberta Museum in Wetaskiwin (go car shopping while you're there) about an hour south of Edmonton, guy that founded it loved collecting old iron, even used to do demonstration with old combines and such, worth the drive.
Ah, i know, i've been there before..... Max.
Hahaha we must know the same guy..
Yup. It's just off Yellowhead. I assume you know where.
Heavy Haulin??
If you want more earthmoving and roadbuilding type equipment then you might wanna check out this group and they have a museum in Devon that's just getting started. https://www.facebook.com/rhhscanada http://www.rhhscanada.com/Home.aspx
Absolutely. My coworker hauled some of B.G. vintage iron into there.
John Deere Crawler. Saw this in a JD collection in a Ritchie Bros flier. Was pleased when it was still at the auction yard 9 days after the sale. I was picking up a Cat 621g.
If you notice one. If you ever notice a IHC 3964 or 3964B or dresser 630 excavator, please post a picture, as I am looking for parts. I am fixing up my new 1975 baby. Looking for spare parts. Plan on keeping it to play with as long as I can. I will be watching your posts of Old Iron.
Will do Johney O. Not sure if this one belongs on this thread. Spotted at RB auction site as well.
the last post is a very cool truck but Im just guessing but I think it was made from an F4 dion made for logging. I don't know much about these machines but have always really liked them. I have read that they were built from the bombardier track machines but have no proof to back it up. the track set up is very similar to the truck.
I'm thinking it has foremost industries blood lines. Designed for oilfield application. Has 20 ton Braden winch & 5th wheel pedestal w/o the 5th wheel. Only thing its missing is a live roll on the deck. This next on is a Foremost Industries Nodwell FN600
Been waiting all spring & summer to haul into one old water & sewer contractor's farm / boneyard. Don't get there much anymore as they now have a shop a few miles away. It's like going back in time. More pics to come Komatsu track loader
My wife and I were in Alberta recently and stopped at the RHHS site in Devon by the Leduc no.1 museum. Hopefully my pictures show up.
Oh good it worked. lol These ones I took with my I phone so I wouldn't have to alter our nice photographs on our Nikon camera. If things go well my wife and I will be moving west next year so maybe I'll get to spend some time in Devon.
This is only the tip of the iceberg for photos I've got I've posted most on to the HCEA group on Facebook if you want to see more.
Best looking cable operated.hoe I've seen.
My bosses Wagner. Cummins 160HP exhumed. Old Cummins Tech, working part time on out tractor fleet, has a new old project.
Nice pictures, I'm kinda partial to the old Bantam T-35 you found.
I love seeing the old machinery like that. Thanks for posting! Rick
Them hand slide manual crank outriggers remind me of an old truck crane we used when I first started working construction in 1970. Guess what job the new kid got. Thanks for sharing a cool machine.
Old fiat dozer I spotted at a small coal mine, while moving their D6N.
I don't have any pics but I used to move our D21 Komatsu on our triple axle 50 ton lowbed pulled by our old long nose Kenworth and people used to flag me down to tell I was overloaded.We always kept the wide load flags on the rig as long as we were hooked to the lowbed as we were 10' wide.That little dozer did look funny on there.Ron G
Lots of cool pics thanks to all for sharing.
This is a nice old truck in Alberta. lol