I have cat 257b3 Pulled frame rails as had grease firtings would not take grease Noticed tracks rubbing on body previous Cat teck guy sent ne kit numbers to pull track away from frame When i pulled rain there was already washers between frame rail and arm of torque axle. How do i align frames ro axle bodies? Should they be square fromt back? Maybe offset for some reason? This cat has inner spacer part 212-6686 then two 2b-6010 or similar spacers on fromt and only spacer part 212-6686 on rear. Any help would be appreciated. Other side has a weld on rear axle so got to grind off to get frame off. Another story.
Should have checked spelling Sorry
I think somewhere in these three documents might just be what you are looking for.
I have seen the temp solution My question is should frames be square to body?
Forgot to say thanks for the reply
I would assume so, but you really need some input from folks who work on this product line on a daily basis. My first suggestion would be to check that each axle is absolutely square in relation to its mounting plate (base). If the axle is bent then the track frame will never sit square to the machine unless the mounting bracket is shimmed with some sort of offset during installation. Another thing that could also potentially affect the track frames sitting square to the machine would be excessive wear in the axles or in the track frame bushes. You mentioned that you have bushes that wouldn't take grease.
When i tore apart bogies were really bad Left side lots worse then right Redid all bearings Seals Some new bearings and races All new wheels Seems keeps getting deeper Bolts worn down on cab where tracks rubbing Ordered spacers as per docs Got one problem on left side to get frame off See pic Most likely bolt snapped Instead of drilling welded Dont know what gonna find when i grind out weld Replacing 3 axles Fromt left axle seized bushimg and weld broke Got new bushing and had welded install
These were worn so replaced There are lots spacers but no re or reason why more on fromt then back
I have a ASV machine with basically the same set up, and I went all through both sides when I first got it, re bushed the frame mounts, etc, etc. One thing I did find was that one rail was twisted slightly at the front. Probably from a hard hit in its life. When you get everything stripped down, sight down the rail front to back, and make sure all the mini axles are aligned. I found this helped keep track running true on the sprocket, kept it from wearing into the drive lugs. I also found that even when the torsion axle measured 90 degrees from body, (unloaded), when weight was applied, it leaned in. Not to the point of rubbing, but enough to wear track. I just reversed track when I re installed. At some point I will replace axles and track when its done. ASV now puts a bend in there axles with some positive camber to account for this.
Thank you appreciated
That makes perfect sense. The track frames need to have a small amount of positive camber when the machine is jacked up so that they will be square to the chassis when the machine weight is sitting on them.
I am putting frame rail back onto axles Holes do not line up It seems maybe since frame rail has been off for few days something has moved Maybe axles cause no weight? Tried jacking up front axle but lifted entire machine Thought was getting closer till realized how high machine was off jack. Need to shorten distance between axles to fit frame Any ideas?
As well when took frame rail off noticed three spacers on front axle and one on rear which may have given a toe out condition. Got more spacers coming to add to rear so tracks do not rub on cab. Now if could fit axle i could measure frame rail to cab to ensure square. Need to move something.
Out by 1/4 inch?
Got it Did not think chain fall would work
Slack off all the bolts between the front & rear axle mounts and the machine frame maybe.? EDIT: Too late......
The rear axle boss pivots forward and backward, by lifting in the center. your pulling the pivot forward slightly, making it out of alignment. I used a floor jack under the rail, then you can manipulate the two to line up. Its a real close fit to get started. But you got it.