Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

All Dozer Drivers Deserve Adulation.

Marsh Mutt ยท 2016-02-23 04:12

For any old bulldozer operators out there who have ever felt under-appreciated during their careers, just imagine for a moment what it would be like to don a full African chief's spotless white regalia, take your rightful place atop the throne of a weathered Cat D8, and proceed to scrape a full blade of dirt, swarmed by a jubilant crowd mobbing your lumbering mechanical steed, and ululating their unbounded adulation as you tame the growling beast, under the watchful eye of the press corps, and your Kalashnikov-wielding security contingent. Certainly, Andy Warhol would have approved of the notion that every 'dozer operator should experience this rite of passage at least once before they retire from active duty. :notworthy

Replies13
  1. #1Cmark2016-02-23 06:33

    I haven't got a turtling clue what all this is about, but I do like the photos~~~

  2. #2RonG2016-02-23 07:17

    I have always aspired to compliments from other dozer operators.Ron G

  3. #3Marsh Mutt2016-02-23 07:33

    Ha ha Ron, I agree that earning the respect of one's peers is a good thing, but if that recognition isn't forthcoming, then the cheers from a rented crowd will do just fine for me.

  4. #4ol'stonebreaker2016-02-23 08:19

    These times there are lots of dozer operators/ cat drivers, but a very small minority are cat skinners. Mike

  5. #5Marsh Mutt2016-02-23 08:53

    I certainly won't be the one to make any jokes about there being more than one way to skin a cat, at this juncture.

  6. #6RonG2016-02-23 09:02

    They call them paid mourners sometimes too,right?lol.Ron G

  7. #7Marsh Mutt2016-02-23 10:28

    Correct Ron. The paid crowd only find out when they arrive at the venue, whether the day's agenda calls for mourning, celebration or both.

  8. #8RonG2016-02-23 10:55

    They call it welfare in this country )Ron G

  9. #9Marsh Mutt2016-02-23 11:02

    Ha ha ha there are parallels after all.

  10. #10kenh2016-02-23 11:25

    AKA "renta mob"

  11. #11LDK2016-02-23 13:59

    Looks like a D6D to me .

  12. #12Dickjr.2016-02-23 14:42

    Those guys must have missed the boat.

  13. #13RonG2016-02-23 16:00

    I think you are right and I ran one for years,nice dozers too,a real hot rod.Mine had the ROPS,probably mandatory in this country.Ron G