Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Allight light tower

Mark250 ยท 2020-05-04 08:20

Hi,guys I really could use some help please, I have a Allight MS 7.5K-9 lighting tower and I need an electrical schematic please. the lighting plant is 240V 40hz Can I run 240V single phase and 415 three phase off this unit? if so do I need to change or configure the AVR The alternator is set up for 240Vsingle phase at the moment. Alternator details off the id plates Brand- Leroy Somer Rating Plate info voltage 415V Phase 3 KVA 20 KW 16 Amp 27.8 information plate LSA 42.2s5 j 6/4 S/n 037562 052 Date 2011 .07 RPM 1500 hz 50 P/F .8 AVR R250 shunt exit. values full load 30.5 V/1.29 amps no load 0.53 amps Thanks for any help Mark

Replies8
  1. #1Birken Vogt2020-05-04 10:03

    https://www.leroy-somer.com/documentation_pdf/3433_en.pdf Reference page 5 and 7 for the reconnections you want assuming all 12 wires are present in the connection box. If you set it up as a series wye connection you will have 240 volts line to neutral and 416 line to line with three phases available.

  2. #2Mark2502020-05-04 15:27

    Thanks Birken, I hope this is not a stupid question but do I need to do anything with the AVO and can I use 240 and 415 at the same time

  3. #3Mark2502020-05-04 15:43

    is this the one? excuse my ignorance here what does it mean where it lists winding 6,7 and 8? so for 240V I am assuming N to which line 1,2 or 3 or doesn't it matter for 415V use lines 1,2 and 3 what is the difference between the R250 and R438? Thanks again for your help

  4. #4Birken Vogt2020-05-04 23:11

    You have the R250 apparently, it is on your data plate. You have winding type 6 which is at the end there of the 6/4, reference page 4. On page 5 you can see the R250 vs the R438, the R438 gets its power from auxiliary windings while the R250 gets its power from the main winding only. It looks like on the new configuration you are supposed to connect the R250 inputs between T8 and T11. I would want to know where it is connected right now and how all the 12 wires are connected together, before making any changes. 240 volts from any line to neutral. Try to balance them out as well as you can. 415 volts from L1/2/3 to any other L1/2/3. Again try to balance them.

  5. #5Mark2502020-05-05 02:55

    Thanks Birken I have taken the top cover off the alternator and taken some pictures hopefully I can figure it out I did notice the there is a current limiting reactor connected between neutral and ground with a current sensor connected to a rh99m protection relay will that cause me any issues?

  6. #6Birken Vogt2020-05-05 10:00

    I don't know about the RCD, we don't see them much in the USA. It says max 240 volts on the spec sheet but I am not sure if that means 240V to neutral or line to line.

  7. #7Mark2502020-05-05 16:03

    Ok, thanks again

  8. #8Scotroll2021-04-26 08:02

    I've always been passionate about the Allight light tower and the effects that generate them.